Skype for Business issues RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

We're using Skype for Business on premise where I work. Recently, as the Mac IT, I've encountered 2 major issues that cannot be resolved by the solutions suggested by Microsoft.

The first issue:

For one of our users, the microphone is not activated and there's no way to add it under the Privacy tab in the System Preferences. I've checked the admin account on the machine and the issue exists there too.

I've done a clean install, using Terminal to remove all the Skype files and Keychain access to remove the passwords.

I've also tried the sqlite3 commands to modify the ~/Library/Application\ Support/com.apple.TCC/TCC.db to no avail.

I've installed an older version as suggested on this site and no improvement.

The second issue, different users:

2 of our Mac users are unable to join an external meeting: the link allows them to launch Skype for Business but it keeps ringing and nothing happens. Our colleagues using Windows PCs can join the meeting without any issue so the problem doesn't seem to be on our network.

Thank you in advance

Suzane

Friday, June 5, 2020 12:25 PM

Answers

All replies

• Hi Suzane!

For Issue 1:

What is operation System of this affected users? Catalina macOS?

Do other applications in Mac have the same issue when using microphone?

Some customer reported that they solved this issue after following:

https://download.microsoft.com/download/D/0/5/D055DA17-C7B8-4257-89A1-78E7BBE3833F/SkypeForBusinessInstaller-16.28.0.120.pkg

over the existing installation (no need to uninstall).  Once installed start a call and the Microsoft seems to resolve itself.

For Issue 2:

Does this issue persist all the time and only happened on two specific users?

According to your description, this issue seems related to the SFB client.

You can try to use Skype Web app to join the meeting to see if this issue can be fixed. For more details about how to join the meeting, you can refer to:

https://support.office.com/en-us/article/join-a-skype-for-business-meeting-with-skype-meetings-app-skype-for-business-web-app-4828ad18-ed21-422a-a870-94d676d4b72a

Best Regards,
    Jimmy Yang

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.
    Monday, June 8, 2020 7:55 AM
  • Hi Jimmy,

For the first issue, I've asked the user to test Apple's native messaging apps and I'm waiting for his feedback.

For the second issue, I will suggest the users try it but I hope we won't have to use this workaround forever.

I will get back to you as soon as my first user gets back to me.

Thank you

Suzane

Wednesday, June 10, 2020 11:51 AM
  • Hi Jimmy,

The Skype audio issue has been resolved by fist making a call using Apple's FaceTime, which worked fine. Then we immediately made a Skype call and it asked to allow access to the microphone.

Hope you can help more people with this solution.

Have a great day

Suzane

Thursday, June 11, 2020 12:21 PM
  • Hi Suzane!

Thank you for sharing your sulution about this issue! I will give a brief summary of this issue later.

Have a nice day!

Best Regards,
    Jimmy Yang

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

Friday, June 12, 2020 1:05 AM