none
Upgrading SharePoint integrated mode from SQL 2008 R2 to SQL 2012 RRS feed

• Question

• I am trying to perform an in-place upgrade of SharePoint 2010 integrated mode from SQL 2008 R2 to SQL 2012.

My Report Server databases are still on SQL 2005, so it is only the SQL Reporting configuration which is to be upgraded - I believe this is supported?

I have run the SQL 2012 upgrade wizard on my WFE and everything appears to be good, the Service Application has been created and is viiable in Central Admin. However.....

When I go to Central Admin > Application Managment > Manage Service Applications > SSRS Service App, I get the following error when trying to complete the configuration:

The version of the report server database is either in a format that is not valid or it cannot be read. The found version is '147'. The expected version is '162'.

Therefore, the most logical explanation would be to move the Report Server databases to SQL 2008 R2. But, if go to the 'Properties' of the SSRS Service App, I only see the option to move the Report_Server db - not the 'Temp' database and 'Alerting' db.

Does anyone have any suggestions?

In hindsight, I wish I had moved the Report Server databases to SQL 2008 R2 before attempting the upgrade.

Thursday, September 6, 2012 12:04 PM

Answers

• Hi Jacob_2010

From the error description, This is may be caused by database version problem.So,Please do the following steps.

Open All Programs -> Microsoft SQL Server 2005 -> Configuration Tools -> Reporting Services Configuration, select Database Setup tab and click Upgrade button.

Thanks,
    Jack

Monday, September 10, 2012 4:04 AM