Delete Items from the Junk Email Folder after 14 days RRS feed

• Question

• Is there a way to set a policy to delete items from all users junk email folders? 

Running Exchange 2016 hybrid.

Monday, August 14, 2017 8:09 PM

All replies

• Hi,

You may consider to achieve this via creating retention tags and retention policies.

See the following article for more information:

Retention tags and retention policies in Exchange 2016

Hope this helps.

Regards,

Steve Fan

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped.

If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Tuesday, August 15, 2017 9:25 AM
  • Thanks for the reply Steve. We're not using retention tags, but I'll read up via your link. I'm assuming these can be implemented per user?
    Wednesday, August 16, 2017 12:03 PM
  • Also, can this be achieved with a GPO?
    Wednesday, August 16, 2017 12:40 PM
  • Thanks for the reply Steve. We're not using retention tags, but I'll read up via your link. I'm assuming these can be implemented per user?

To implement this per user, you can try using AutoArchive feature. However, we can use GPO to configure the default AutoArchive settings, but we cannot force users and all mail folders to use the default AutoArchive settings via GPO, which means you have to do it for all users on all mail folders. Since you are using Exchange, the only method is to control this from Exchange Server side as I suggested before.

Regards,

Steve Fan

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped.

If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

• Proposed as answer by Steve Fan Friday, September 1, 2017 9:51 AM
    Tuesday, August 22, 2017 10:06 AM