none
Windows Defender - Security Issues RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I have just started to receive a Security Alert in the Essentials Dashboard. It is listed as Critical and says 'Windows Defender has detected one or more security issues'. When I open Windows Defender its status is Green and Protected. If I look in the History there is nothing there! How do i find out what is triggering the alert?

I have ran a full system scan and it found nothing. I have downloaded the Microsoft Safety Scanner, did a full system scan and it found nothing. 

Where do I need to look to find what is triggering it?

Many thanks in advance.

Wednesday, May 8, 2019 6:34 PM

All replies

• Hi,

Thanks for your question.

Have you check this in windows security?

Please go to windows settings-> Update&Security ->Windows Security->Open Windows Security-> Virus &threat protection -> Threat history

Here is an article for your reference:

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/security/threat-protection/windows-defender-antivirus/review-scan-results-windows-defender-antivirus  

If this suggestion not solve your issue, please reply in this thread, I feel free to help you.

Best Regards,

Eric

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Wednesday, May 8, 2019 7:19 PM
  • Hi Eric,

I don't have a Windows Security option!

Wednesday, May 8, 2019 7:31 PM
  • Hi,

Thanks for your reply.

You can view event logs and error code in eventvwr. If there is any security issue be scanned, you will see the error code in event viewer.

Here is an article about this, for your reference:

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/security/threat-protection/windows-defender-antivirus/troubleshoot-windows-defender-antivirus 

If this suggestion is not helpful to you,please feel free to let me know if you need any assistance.

Best Regards,

Eric

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Saturday, May 11, 2019 3:49 PM
  • Hi,

Just checking in to see if the information provided was helpful.

Please let us know if you would like further assistance.

Best Regards,

Eric

Tuesday, May 14, 2019 6:02 PM
  • Hi,

Was your issue resolved?

If you resolved it using other’s reply, please "mark it as answer" to help other community members find the helpful reply quickly.

If you resolve it using your own solution, please share your experience and solution here. It will be very beneficial for other community members who have similar questions.

If no, please reply and tell us the current situation in order to provide further help.

Best Regards,

Eric

Sunday, May 19, 2019 2:20 PM