SharePoint 2007 PreUpgradeCheck FeatureInfo Failure RRS feed

• Question

• Need a little help with this one.  After I ran the preupgradecheck for the first time it came up with this along with a few other Unknown features. 

Name = [Unknown], Feature id = [10e8a224-149b-422f-baa2-a21f3719e77b], Reference count = [1], Scope = [Web], Status = [Missing]

I was able to deactivate all the other missing features without a problem.  This one doesn't seem to want to go away?  I tried deactivating using stsadm -o deactivatefeature -id 10e8a224-149b-422f-baa2-a21f3719e77b and it said the Operation Completed but when I rerun the preupgrade check it's still there?

Any help would be great...

Chris

Tuesday, April 3, 2012 12:52 AM

Answers

• I found it.  Was looking in the wrong database.  After looking in the log file of the checker I was able to figure out which database the feature was showing up in and remove it.

Thanks

Chris

Tuesday, April 3, 2012 7:30 PM

All replies

• Hi,

check 12\template\features location and find out to which feature this belongs.

Then based on impact you may uninstall it to check if it helps.

Thanks, Rahul Rashu

Tuesday, April 3, 2012 3:32 AM
  • I did a search in teh hive for this feature but it's not in there?  I also used the FeatureAdmin tool and it came back telling me there were no missing features??

Chris

Tuesday, April 3, 2012 2:52 PM
  • Hi,

In your scenario if it is not causing any harm then I would suggest you to leave it as it is.

However you can always try uninstalling the same with proper backups to avoid any disastrous situation in future.

Thanks, Rahul Rashu

Tuesday, April 3, 2012 7:28 PM
  • I found it.  Was looking in the wrong database.  After looking in the log file of the checker I was able to figure out which database the feature was showing up in and remove it.

Thanks

Chris

Tuesday, April 3, 2012 7:30 PM