Archive Mailbox Access Methods RRS feed

• Question

• So I understand that Outlook 2010 and OWA 2010 will allow users to access their Archive mailbox.  Are there currently plans to enable Outlook 2007 to be able to access the Archive mailbox as well?  Or, is it going to be as simple as adding a second mailbox to the profile?  I haven't been able to find too much information on the client access portion of the archiving features.

Thanks,
    Joe
    Saturday, April 18, 2009 7:14 PM

Answers

• So I understand that Outlook 2010 and OWA 2010 will allow users to access their Archive mailbox.  Are there currently plans to enable Outlook 2007 to be able to access the Archive mailbox as well?  Or, is it going to be as simple as adding a second mailbox to the profile?  I haven't been able to find too much information on the client access portion of the archiving features.

Thanks,
    Joe

Most of those details have yet to be announced.  The only thing that we know for *sure* is that Exchange 2010 and Outlook 2010 will be able to use the alternate mailbox.
    Microsoft Certified Master: Exchange 2007; MCSE:M 2003; MCITP: 2008; Windows Server MVP; CCNA
    • Proposed as answer by Erik Szewczyk Saturday, April 18, 2009 7:54 PM
    • Marked as answer by JoeDoyle23 Saturday, April 18, 2009 8:03 PM
    Saturday, April 18, 2009 7:54 PM

All replies

Thanks,
    Joe

Most of those details have yet to be announced.  The only thing that we know for *sure* is that Exchange 2010 and Outlook 2010 will be able to use the alternate mailbox.
    Microsoft Certified Master: Exchange 2007; MCSE:M 2003; MCITP: 2008; Windows Server MVP; CCNA
    • Proposed as answer by Erik Szewczyk Saturday, April 18, 2009 7:54 PM
    • Marked as answer by JoeDoyle23 Saturday, April 18, 2009 8:03 PM
    Saturday, April 18, 2009 7:54 PM
  • Microsoft is killing e-marketing and using an OLD system to render emails with Outlook 2010! Help out by visiting http://fixoutlook.org/ and get it changed!
    Wednesday, June 24, 2009 11:17 AM
  •  
    With E2010, Microsoft has made improvements to support a mailbox size of up to 10GB with 100,000 objects. They have also added a Personal Archive (PA) feature which looks like a PST folder within Outlook, maintains folder integrity, but is configured by an administrator and allows for direct access to the primary mailbox. This archive or secondary mailbox uses the same address as the primary mailbox and quotas only apply to the primary, not to the archive.
    An additional mailbox associated with an existing user account
    IT pro manages Archive mailboxes same as existing exchange mailboxes
    Archive availability and reliability is the same as existing exchange mailboxes
    Accessible for  end user from outlook and OWA
    Wednesday, August 19, 2009 11:57 AM