My Libraries are now Documents.library-ms and will not open RRS feed

• Question

• Same for the other libraries: Music.library-ms, Pictures.library-ms, Video.library-ms . How do I get them back to normal so they will work. Windows Media Player cannot find All of the music I have in my "My Music" folder because it can't be stored in my Musis Library.

Please offer a solution..

Warm Regards,

Dave

Wednesday, June 16, 2010 5:23 PM

Answers

• Hi,

Have you deleted them before "Restore Defaults"? If not, try it again.

In addition, when did this issue first occur? If recently, system restore can be under consideration.

Regards,

Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread. ”
    • Marked as answer by Magon Liu Friday, June 25, 2010 9:42 AM
    Wednesday, June 23, 2010 9:50 AM

All replies

• How did it happened?

I'm not sure if that's the best solution, but you can rename the libraries if the only issue is names. If you go to libraries in explorer, it will show all the libraries such as 'Documents' 'Music' etc, and there you can rename them too.

If the issue is not the library name but the actual folder name change, if you go to the properties of the library, you can add new folders.

Hope this helps,

Krish

Thursday, June 17, 2010 5:08 AM
  • I appreciate the response. But no it didn't help. When I try to access the properties I get a message that: "The Properties for this item are not available"

There HAS TO BE some fix for this...and it is NOT "Restore Defaults" because all that does is put again teh broken Library.

Any help would be appreciated...

Thursday, June 17, 2010 5:30 AM
  • Pity that it didn't work. If you are comfortable looking at this deeper, the definitions of these libraries are in '%appdata%\Microsoft\Windows\Libraries' folder. It has a xml definition file for each library. If there is a file Document.library-ms in the above folder, copy it and change the name to Document. This should give you a new library called Document with the same settings as in Document.library-ms.I'm not sure how you get the names changed in your system, but the very likely cause is an application that did not understand Windows 7 library structure. If you are not comfortable experimenting at this level, please don't attempt it because an error could destruct your system. Hopefully someone will be able to give an easier way to do this.

Krish

Friday, June 18, 2010 12:03 AM
  • Hi,

Have you deleted them before "Restore Defaults"? If not, try it again.

In addition, when did this issue first occur? If recently, system restore can be under consideration.

Regards,

Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread. ”
    • Marked as answer by Magon Liu Friday, June 25, 2010 9:42 AM
    Wednesday, June 23, 2010 9:50 AM
  • same with me here.... no work at all.....
    Friday, July 23, 2010 1:44 PM
  • This same thing started to happen to me.  I did a system restore to about a week ago and that did not resolve the problem.  Any fixes?
    Tuesday, June 26, 2012 10:50 PM