IE11 Can't open tab or page RRS feed

• General discussion

• This is all over the internet without resolution. After the last Windows update IE11 no longer opens a link in a new tab or page. It opens a blank tab and won't respond at all if asked to open in new page. Please. Firefox works fine, but I want to use IE11. All of the usual fixes (set IE11 as default.....) do not fix it. Save me from Firefox!
    Monday, March 3, 2014 12:17 AM

All replies

• 1. Full Windows version is...?

2. What is the full name of your currenty-installed third-party anti-virus application or security suite (i.e., not Windows Defender), if any, and when (approx. date) does your current subscription (if any) expire?

3. What third-party anti-malware applications (i.e., not Windows Defender) are installed, if any?  What third-party firewall, if any?

4. Has a(nother) Norton application or a McAfee application EVER been installed on the computer since you bought it?

5. Did a Norton free-trial or a McAfee free-trial [pick one] come preinstalled on the computer when you bought it? (Doesn't matter if you never used or Activated it.)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

You will find Consumer-specific support for Internet Explorer in these forums: http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/ie

~Robear Dyer (PA Bear) MS MVP-Windows Client since 2002 Disclaimer: MS MVPs neither represent nor work for Microsoft

Monday, March 3, 2014 6:38 PM
  • Hi,

Any error messages displayed? You can check the event viewer for more information. If you have enable IE protected mdoe, disable it, or add a website to trusted site as a test, in a word, If you have made any special settings in IE, I suggest you reset IE if possible to check the result.

Turn off IE then return turn on, check if it make any difference (Turn Windows Features on or off) 

Install all windows updates (especially for IE11)

Boot your PC into "safe mode with networking" with a limited set of files and drivers as a test in case some conflicts exist in your system.

And take Robear's questions into consideration.

Yolanda Zhu
    TechNet Community Support

Tuesday, March 4, 2014 3:15 AM