NAPSHA as 32-bit outofproc server RRS feed

• Question

• I have built a 32 bit outofproc server to host my INapComponentInfo class.  Why?  Presumably if I can make this work then I don't have to deploy both a 32 and 64 bit inproc server (dll) for Vista64/Windows7-64/Server2008-64  platforms.  The outofproc server should work everywhere. Turns out the solutions works well on Server2008 and Server2008, 64bit.  However, on a 32bit Vista platform NapStat.exe will not interface with my outofproc server. By that I mean the INapComponentInfo class in my outofproc server is clearly not getting allocated (no logging from that class tells me this) by napstat.exe when it requests localized strings to populate the napstat window.

No Windows Events, no crashes, no complaints in my log files.  I have embedded a manifest with proper credentials. I have tried manually registering server and manually launching it.  My class is clearly registered (appears with proper GUIDs in the registry, etc).  So I'm on a fishing expedition.  What could it be about NapStat.exe on Windows Vista that is different than napstat.exe on Windows Server 2008 such that one works and the other does not?  I'm stumped.
    Monday, March 30, 2009 4:18 PM

Answers

• Can you Try NETSH NAP CLIENT SHOW STATE and see whether you able to see your SHA Information or not ?

Thanks
    -RamaSubbu SK
    Sorry! Microsoft doesn't own any liability & responsibility for any of my posting.
    Wednesday, April 1, 2009 2:49 AM