Win10 Bluetooth Support Service disabled RRS feed

• Question

• I have a Dell 5060 running Win10 and I am trying to pair/install a Wasp WWS550i bar code scanner. The scanner comes with a Trendnet TBW-106UB Bluetooth dongle. The necessary updated drivers for these peripherals have been installed, yet within services.msc, Bluetooth Support Service is disabled. I've set it to automatic, started the service and rebooted the machine multiple times, yet, no matter what I do, this service is disabled every time the machine restarts. Bluetooth shows in device manager. The machine sees the Wasp bar code scanner but when I try to connect, I keep getting a "Bluetooth service unavailable." Does anyone have a fix for this? 

Monday, April 22, 2019 2:33 PM

All replies

• Hi,

Based on my research, your Bluetooth device may be faulty or corrupted, please have a try with reinstalling them to repair it.

1. Open Device Manager.
    2. Locate the Bluetooth device, right click on it and select Uninstall Device option.
    1. After the completion of Uninstalling process reboot your PC. It will automatically install the default driver again and most probably Bluetooth settings will show up.

If you are still facing the issue then it is possible that your Bluetooth device drivers’ are old and need to be updated.

To update them you have to download the installer from the manufacturer website and then install according to installation instructions.

For your reference: Dell Drivers & Downloads

Note: This is a third-party link and we do not have any guarantees on this website. And Microsoft does not make any guarantees about the content.

Hope these can help you. If you have any questions, please feel free to contact us.

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Tuesday, April 23, 2019 3:10 AM
  • Hi,

Was your issue solved?

If the reply helped you, please remember to mark it as an answer.

If no, please reply and tell us the current situation in order to provide further help.

If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Friday, April 26, 2019 8:02 AM
  • Hi,

Since you have not responded for a long time, we will temporarily archive this post.

If you have any questions,  please feel free to contact us.

Monday, April 29, 2019 7:56 AM