will windows upgrade to access aero help paging, memory and space issues in vista? RRS feed

• General discussion

• i'm trying to access aero to help diagnose and fix excessive paging in my windows vista home basic sp2, 512, 32 with ms security essentials and its everloading though "optional" definition updates (3 on the 8th alone).

i've uninstalled and disabled (some with revo pro) everything i dare and am down to one, microsoft start up.  still the running processes with nothing but msgconfig open to view, are extensive as are the errors, warnings and failures.  i think i have way more ms programs services applications processess reports files logs apples, no appelets, oranges and bananas ... than i could possibly need to check my email, manage some finances, print my taxes and play some on-line games.

i've endured numerous browser and disk cleans, defrags, system restores, 2 rounds of mr fix its and multiple ms Answer Desk command scans and Advanced PC Tune Ups. 

i'm also using over a thousand mb i think with ready boost from a 8 gb flash drive.

i realize disk space, memory, ram... is the issue.  it seems everything i do to gain a little, a fix, fixer, update or restore takes back.  ms level 2 support thinks i have enough to do the little i need. currently c: 102 gb, 72% free; d: 889 mb, 13% free.  now i'm waiting for support to send me a new vista disk to try a repair.  i'm very leary about performing this fix however as i wonder if it will initiate a whole new round of udates, settings and schedule adjustments, problems and aggravation...

todays reliability and performance scan warning of excessive paging and memory diagnosis launched me to try aero.  of course i couldn't find it and i think i meet the other requirements so i clicked on mr fixit again (not auto, let me picks).  naturally aero effects are not supported and asks if i want to upgade this edition of Windows?

Finally my questions?

is mr fix it asking me to upgrade to windows 7 (half my support questions lead me here)?

will there be a fee?

will it include a bunch more stuff i don't use with another 1000 updates to download and what will that do to my space?

how is the functionality of aero?  will it be worth it? can i address paging otherwise?

will it negate the need for or ability of the vista disk repair coming?

how many more new tricks will i need to learn?

should i explore superfetch?

or should i just decrease the virtual memory currently 1088mb to recommended 753mb? 

and while i'm at it, how do i ask microsoft security essentials to tell the microsoft security center to recognize and report back to the microsoft operating system that i have microsoft anti-virus software?

• Changed type Niki Han Tuesday, March 12, 2013 3:48 AM
    • Edited by azzlo Tuesday, March 12, 2013 2:36 PM
    Sunday, March 10, 2013 10:03 PM

All replies