Folder View preference is forgotten by file explorer RRS feed

• Question

• Hi!
    I have a problem making the Folder View settings to be applied to all folders. I set my folder view to List, I go to Folder Options, click Reset Folders and Apply Folders buttons (I tried clicking one of the two only) but when I go another folder and then back to the previous my preference is forgotten.
    Please also see this video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VqMoUTEuZRk
    Any ideas?
    Monday, July 28, 2008 9:10 AM

Answers

• Hi Dimitris

On the following website, they have documented just about all of the different issues that are involved with the 'folder view settings' and how to fix them. Read the entire page.

Windows Explorer Folder View settings:
    http://www.vistax64.com/tutorials/70819-windows-explorer-folder-view-settings.html

Hope this helps.

If this post helps to resolve your issue, click the Mark as Answer button at the top of this message.
    By marking a post as Answered, you help others find the answer faster.

Ronnie Vernon
    Microsoft MVP
    Windows Desktop Experience

Monday, July 28, 2008 3:52 PM
  • Hi Dimitris

I agree. The main problem seems to be the way that Windows Explorer handles and applies the folder templates. This does need to some work.

If this post helps to resolve your issue, click the Mark as Answer button at the top of this message.

Ronnie Vernon
    Microsoft MVP
    Tuesday, July 29, 2008 4:40 PM

All replies

• Hi Dimitris

On the following website, they have documented just about all of the different issues that are involved with the 'folder view settings' and how to fix them. Read the entire page.

Windows Explorer Folder View settings:
    http://www.vistax64.com/tutorials/70819-windows-explorer-folder-view-settings.html

Hope this helps.

Ronnie Vernon
    Microsoft MVP

Monday, July 28, 2008 3:52 PM
  • Thanks, this helped!
    However one would expect that this can be done without accessing the registry. Just by clicking 'Reset all', modifying the explorer layout, checking 'Remember settings' and 'Apply to all'.
    Tuesday, July 29, 2008 12:59 PM
  • Hi Dimitris

I agree. The main problem seems to be the way that Windows Explorer handles and applies the folder templates. This does need to some work.

Ronnie Vernon
    Microsoft MVP
    Tuesday, July 29, 2008 4:40 PM