none
Portfolio Analysis - The role custom field selected is not set for any resources. RRS feed

• Question

• Hi Guys,

When I'm going to do portfolio analysis with the option "Analyze time-phase project resource requirements against organizational resource capacity" selected, along with correct "Role" I'm getting thise pop up as shown in below image. Though I have created a correct Role lookup with resource type and assigned this Role to 6-7 users, even then it gives me this error. Is there something I'm missing?

IN
    Thanks, Kashif

Sunday, December 13, 2015 11:01 AM

Answers

• Hi Guillaume,

Thanks for the reply.

Your post didn't resolve my question but however I got it working. There seems to be a bug. I'll narrate the small story so it might be helpful for others.

First I was trying portfolio analysis without role defined at all, so that make sense to get an error. So I created a Role CF with LU and updated few users' role and create new portfolio. But again I was getting the same error. Your post made me to update all users' role (I used bulk edit) and tried and it worked. I realized your post made me to select some projects this time, earlier I was not selecting any project (because was just testing that time-phase cehck) and it works now. If you don't select any project it give an error message that at least 1 project needs to be selected, but in my case it was giving Role error as mentioned above.

Thanks anyway :)

IN
    Thanks, Kashif

• Marked as answer by Kashif Nizam Sunday, December 13, 2015 12:39 PM
    Sunday, December 13, 2015 12:37 PM

All replies

• Hi Kashif,

It may be that the role has to be assigned for all resources of the portfolio's projects. Try a new portfolio with projects with resources with roles and see if it helps. Check also that the role field is a with a lookup table (single value only) and not a free text.

Hope this helps,

Guillaume Rouyre, MBA, MVP, MCC |

Sunday, December 13, 2015 11:41 AM
  • Hi Guillaume,

Thanks for the reply.

Your post didn't resolve my question but however I got it working. There seems to be a bug. I'll narrate the small story so it might be helpful for others.

First I was trying portfolio analysis without role defined at all, so that make sense to get an error. So I created a Role CF with LU and updated few users' role and create new portfolio. But again I was getting the same error. Your post made me to update all users' role (I used bulk edit) and tried and it worked. I realized your post made me to select some projects this time, earlier I was not selecting any project (because was just testing that time-phase cehck) and it works now. If you don't select any project it give an error message that at least 1 project needs to be selected, but in my case it was giving Role error as mentioned above.

Thanks anyway :)

IN
    Thanks, Kashif

• Marked as answer by Kashif Nizam Sunday, December 13, 2015 12:39 PM
    Sunday, December 13, 2015 12:37 PM