Microsoft Health Vault Linking CVS Pharmacy Prescription Medications... RRS feed

• Question

• Folks,

I have attempted multiple times to link my CVS prescription medications to my Microsoft Health Vault account, however every single time I have attempted to do so, I keep receiving an error message on the CVS website.

I double checked all my passwords, agreed to all the disclosures and when I click on the button to link I get an error message on the CVS website without any explanations.

Does anyone out there know what the problem is or how to resolve this problem with linking the two accounts...?

Any help or assistance would be deeply appreciated. Regards and thank you.

Thursday, July 3, 2014 9:53 PM

All replies

• Hi, Ray,

I don't have an answer but I'll look into this and get back to you.

Meantime, I notice that there are 3 CVS apps/sites listed in our directory. Can you let me know which URL you are using when you get the error? Thanks!

-Kathy-

Monday, July 7, 2014 6:15 PM
  • Hi Kathy,

I get the same error message. The app I am using is "My CVS/pharmacy Prescriptions ".

The last update was in December 2012 and nothing after that. I also have one medication that was obtained in October 2012 that is listed 33 times with no way of deleting it.

Wednesday, July 9, 2014 2:17 AM
  • Kathy,

Just to let you know the last entire week I have been going back and forth with Microsoft Health Vault technical department on this issue. This is the problem. The CVS app only works for someone who has a CVS Caremark account and will not link successfully to www.cvs.com to obtain all your prescriptions into your Health Vault account. Microsoft technical support gave me some toll free number to call and I got a CSR on the phone and it was CVS/Caremark and they clearly informed me the CVS app will only interface if an individual has an account with CVS/Caremark and the app will not work with individuals who have only a www.cvs.com account. I hope this helps you to know what is the bottom line with this so called CVS app. Feel better. Regards and thank you.

Wednesday, July 9, 2014 4:28 AM
  • There should never be a case of "no way of deleting it" from HealthVault. You could contact HealthVault Customer Support to see what the issue is with that.

Ray was saying he couldn't link at all, but it sounds like you have a CVS app linked up but it no longer sends data to HealthVault. Is that right?

I'd recommend opening a ticket with our support team and trying to work through both issues. In the meantime, I'll continue to look into whether there is a known problem with any of the CVS apps.

Thanks,

Kathy

Thursday, July 10, 2014 5:46 PM
  • Ray, that sounds very frustrating! Thank you for closing the loop on this.

Did they say that the non-CareMark app also wouldn't work for you? Its URL is: https://www.cvs.com/msnhealthvault/msnhealth_authentication_info.jsp

If that's the case, we'll certainly have our business team look into that so other users don't encounter the same frustration.

-Kathy-

Thursday, July 10, 2014 5:50 PM
  • Kathy,

I did already did do that with opening a support ticket and I was informed to contact CVS regarding this problems and issues with it. I have saved all the emails going back and forth between Microsoft Health Vault technical support and the end result is they do not want to own up to it that the CVS App for www.cvs.com does not work and only works with CVS/Caremark.

I myself do not have a CVS/Caremark account or membership so I can not clearly say here that is really works or does not. Myself being in the information technology business for over 26 years this is what you call a 4 P project. "Product of Piss Poor Planning" and the end result was the App was not properly developed, testing prior to it being released into production. If you look closely at the App is does state CVS and that is not applicable as the CVS App they have out there should state CVS/Caremark ONLY.

If I was to release Apps and software in my professional career in the past I would have been terminated immediately and would be standing on the corner in New York City with a cup in my hand begging for money.

That's all for now and have a great day. Oh, I did manage to get in contact with www.cvs.com technical support and the individuals I spoke with there about this did not know there left hand from the right hand on how to correct this.

Thursday, July 10, 2014 8:16 PM
  • Kathy,

It is not that fact of having the business team look into it after the fact that the App for www.cvs.com does not work. It should have been developed, thoroughly tested fully prior to release into production for usesr to use without any issues or problems.

Sure it was frustrating, however I have the patience of a lamb and never let trivial items like this get to me as what good would it do for me. Regards. Ray.

Thursday, July 10, 2014 8:20 PM
  • It actually did work with CVS.com until about 2013 as I have over 6 pages of medications listed in HealthVault which were all pulled via CVS.com.  While they still advertise the link on the CVS website it obviously doesn't work.  Since I have an insurance company which imports data into HealthVault I am getting my meds that way.  However for a time I wasn't with the carrier and had to export/import the CVS data into HealthVault manually.

I never really contacted CVS about it however since I have a few quarrels with CVS and have to call them anyhow I'm going to see if I get any info from them on this subject as well.

Sunday, December 13, 2015 5:24 PM
  • has there been any progress? I was using the caremark version until 2014 when my insurance switched to something else, but I still get my stuff filled at CVS. I tried updating the linkage by unlinking the old cvs/caremark and tried to use the plain CVS version, but all I get is 'Sorry, unable to link accounts' when I click continue on the information release page. I DID try to contact the CVS consumer report number, and the person I talked to had no idea what I was talking about. this despite the heathvault app link on my CVS account main page. the person then put me on hold and after a few minutes, hung up on me. based on previous reports, I will not try calling again. I can see all my prescriptions on the CVS account, but I can't link the two accounts.
    • Edited by Cybot Wednesday, September 13, 2017 1:52 AM
    Wednesday, September 13, 2017 1:52 AM