I can't save my own themes?!?!Help!please!! RRS feed

• Question

• Normaly, when changing some themes or making a new theme in Windows 7(personalization), it will appear on the "My Themes" section.  Before, I can do that and I can always save my themes. Now, all the themes that I made are gone, and everytime I make a new one, it is at the "Installed Themes" section. So, I tried to search for the themes I made before and I found out that it is in a hidden folder, and when I use and apply it(by clicking), It also appears at the "Installed Themes" section. The name is "Unsaved Theme", but it is supposed to be in the "My Themes" section, right? Now, I can't really save my themes and share them....I didn't even know how and why this happened!!!! Please answer me.... How can I FIX it. I really need to save my themes!!!
    Sunday, September 12, 2010 4:22 AM

Answers

• Hi,

Thanks for the post!

According to my understanding, your theme can be installed before, however, it doesn’t work now.

Since the theme is related to the user profile, I recommend you create a new user account to see if the issue persists. If it works, I suggest you fix the corrupted user profile. If doesn’t work, we need further research.

Please feel free to give me any update.

Best Regards,

Miya Yao

This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights. | Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" on the post that helps you, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.
    • Marked as answer by Miya Yao Monday, September 20, 2010 2:38 AM
    Tuesday, September 14, 2010 5:59 AM

All replies

• Hi,

Thanks for the post!

According to my understanding, your theme can be installed before, however, it doesn’t work now.

Since the theme is related to the user profile, I recommend you create a new user account to see if the issue persists. If it works, I suggest you fix the corrupted user profile. If doesn’t work, we need further research.

Please feel free to give me any update.

Best Regards,

Miya Yao

This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights. | Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" on the post that helps you, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.
    • Marked as answer by Miya Yao Monday, September 20, 2010 2:38 AM
    Tuesday, September 14, 2010 5:59 AM
  • my solution:
    - get the file "Windows Classic.theme" (3,025 bytes)
    - and place it in the folder "C:\WINDOWS\Resources\Themes"
    Thursday, July 7, 2011 11:58 PM