Windows Anytime Upgrade Online to ultimate RRS feed

• Question

• I recently purchased a new toshiba laptop that had Vista Home premium, and used the Windows Anytime Upgrade DVD to upgrade online to Ulitmate.  The install went fine.  My question is two part,

1.  I was not given any option on where to save the downloaded file, don't know where it is, is it recoverable. 

2.  If I ever have to do a system restore from the recovery CD, I will be back to Vista Home premium, how would I go about upgrading back up to Ultimate on the same machine?

Thanks!

Wednesday, February 21, 2007 3:51 AM

All replies

• I am also in the same situation and I would also like an answer to this question!  Did you find anything out?  I will have to restore my toshiba laptop VERY SOON.  Thanks.

Monday, August 18, 2008 4:06 PM
  • When you purchased the Anytime Upgrade you should have had to create an account for use with Microsoft's Digital Locker.

Basically meaning if you go to the Windows Marketplace site at:

You can click where it says, "Your Digital Locker".  It'll ask you to sign in and then it should show you your Ultimate upgrade in there and give you the option to install the license, back it up, etc...  As it does for me as well.

Let me know if that works out for you all.

Regards,

Christopher J. Corbin
    MCP, MCDST, MCTS: Vista, MCITP: EST: Vista
    cjcorbin@gmail.com

Thursday, October 9, 2008 1:57 PM
  • I actually called in and Microsoft told me that I had purchased my upgrade during a transitional time for them when they were going between digital river and their own system..it was in Feb of 2008....so I verified myself and they mailed my CD for free!!  It was awesome.

Thursday, October 9, 2008 5:48 PM