none
MDT Error 5624 when attempting to install Custom WIM file RRS feed

• Question

• Good Afternoon,

I am reaching out because I feel like I am having tunnel vision here. Something just isn't right. Ive followed step by step guides on deploying a Custom WIM file. Used VMWare to build the machine in Audit Mode, captured the image by running the LiteTouch.vbs script, used a standard sysprep and capture sequence. Each and every time, this fails. HOWEVER, it i were to use a standard Win 1803 wim file, the operating system will be installed with the same task sequence that is failing. Which leads me to believe that there is something wrong with the capture.

Here is the capture sequence that is in place:

I am just asking for a second set of eyes. Maybe there is something small that I am missing.

Thanks for any suggestions.

SC

Wednesday, April 24, 2019 6:07 PM

All replies

• From your image I can see 0x8004005 and 0x8007005
    The first one is a not found error and the other is access denied

So with your captured image. Can you confirm that the image you are using is indeed in the location specified in that error being that is your deployment share

If this is confirmed then it could possibly be a permission error

Are you able to upload the Task Sequence steps you are using for your Deployment of your custom image, similar to your second screenshot which is showing your build and capture task sequence

Website: www.walshamsolutions.com Technical Blog: https://www.walshamsolutions.com/technical-blog Personal Blog: https://www.walshamsolutions.com/personal-blog Twitter: Dwalshampro

Thursday, April 25, 2019 8:24 AM
  • Sorry for the late response on this one. Sure I can let you know the deployment steps. It will be two picture. The Yellow Highlighted area is where is is failing each and every time 

SC

Wednesday, May 1, 2019 1:14 PM
  • Maybe this step by step guide on building and importing a custom OS image will help you. You can compare it to what you've done.

Building a Windows 10 v1809 reference image using Microsoft Deployment Toolkit (MDT)

I'd recommend sticking as close to it as possible. Of course modify the example bootstrap.ini and customsettings.ini to work within your environment or needs. 

Daniel Vega

Wednesday, May 1, 2019 1:49 PM