none
Cannot Create a Catalog for Captured Windows 7 Image

Question

•  

I’m new to MDT so I could be doing something wrong but here is my problem.

MDT cannot create a CLG file for my captured Windows 7 image.  When I try using the SIM to open up my wim file, it hangs.  Plus when I try to open the unattend.xml using MDT, I receive the following error:

Performing operation "generate" on Target "Catalog".

The operation failed to complete.

System.Reflection.TargetInvocationException: Exception has been thrown by the target of an invocation. ---> System.ArgumentNullException: String reference not set to an instance of a String.

Parameter name: source

at System.Globalization.CompareInfo.IsPrefix(String source, String prefix, CompareOptions options)

at ?A0xfe36268f.ConvertToNtPath(String path)

at Microsoft.ComponentStudio.ComponentPlatformInterface.CbsSessionAdaptor..ctor(String bootDrive, String imageWinDir, String servicingPath)

at Microsoft.ComponentStudio.ComponentPlatformInterface.OfflineImageImpl.InitializePackages()

at Microsoft.ComponentStudio.ComponentPlatformInterface.OfflineImageImpl..ctor(OfflineImageInfo imageInfo)

--- End of inner exception stack trace ---

at System.RuntimeMethodHandle._InvokeConstructor(Object[] args, SignatureStruct& signature, IntPtr declaringType)

at System.Reflection.RuntimeConstructorInfo.Invoke(BindingFlags invokeAttr, Binder binder, Object[] parameters, CultureInfo culture)

at System.RuntimeType.CreateInstanceImpl(BindingFlags bindingAttr, Binder binder, Object[] args, CultureInfo culture, Object[] activationAttributes)

at Microsoft.ComponentStudio.ComponentPlatformInterface.Cpi.PlatformImplementation.CreateOfflineImageInstance(OfflineImageInfo imageInfo)

My server has

Windows 2008 R2 installed

MDT 2010 update 1

WAIK 2.0

SIM 6.1.7600.16385

I have uninstall MDT and WAIK and reinstalled and I still have the same issue.  Any ideas?

Sid Ward
    Wednesday, April 13, 2011 7:33 PM

Answers

• I thought the same thing, Yannick.

You will need to install the x86 AIK on a workstation and use the x86 Windows SIM to create your catalog.

It's only a tiny file so after you generate it. You can copy it the server in the same folder as your WIM file.

• Marked as answer by sward1021 Thursday, April 14, 2011 4:33 PM
    Wednesday, April 13, 2011 8:48 PM

All replies