none
How can I get "My tasks" area data from each resource? RRS feed

• Question

• Hello all!

Is there a way to make a query that results the same data showed on resource's "My tasks" area?

I want to get the hours exactly like "My tasks" area to totalize it for each day on a SSRS report.

Thanks!

Thursday, September 25, 2014 1:02 PM

All replies

• Hi Gabriel,

You can start by looking at the MSP_EPMAssignmentByDay in the reporting database/schema and join it with the other tables MSP_EPMAssignment, MSP_EPMTask, MASP_EPMProject etc. in order to get a similar view. Please note that in the reporting schema/database you will not have the task updates that have not been published

Hope this helps

Paul

Thursday, September 25, 2014 1:27 PM
  • Hi Paul. I made a similar query using MSP_EpmAssignmentByDay_OlapView, but it shows only approved data processed by cube. 

If I can show this view just showing published hours, will help!

Is there a way to show saved and published hours?

Thanks!!

Thursday, September 25, 2014 1:31 PM
  • Hi Gabriel,

No, saved/submitted hours are not available timephased.

The only thing you can retrieve is the number of saved/submitted hours per assignment.

For that, have a look at following tables

• MSP_ASSIGNMENTS
    • MSP_ASSIGNMENTS_SAVED
    • MSP_ASSIGNMENTS_SUBMITTED

Hope this helps

Thursday, September 25, 2014 1:53 PM
  • Thanks for your help!!

But this number can be grouped by day?

How the project server shows it on My Tasks area? 

This data have to be somewhere.

Right?

Thursday, September 25, 2014 2:10 PM
  • Hi Gabriel,

As Toon said, you cannot get the timephased data for the not published updates. Some of the data can be retrieved from the published schema/database using the tables Toon mentioned. 

If the detailed timephased data is required you have 2 options:

- use the timesheets and turn on the single entry mode (the timesheet timephased data can be found in the reporting database, including the not published)

- create and Event Handler and capture the updates (maybe use Statusing > StatusUpdated) in a separate table/database

Hope this helps

Paul

Thursday, September 25, 2014 2:18 PM