Trouble with .jnlp RRS feed

• Question

• I am unable to keep the file association of .jnlp file. It opens well with java webstart but I have to manually re-associate it because it keeps broken every time new java is installed. Is there away to keep it permanent? thanks a lot.
    Monday, December 21, 2015 4:04 PM

Answers

• Hi Pete,

According to your description, I suppose that you have tried to manually associate, but when you reinstall the java, .jnlp files lose the association.

Therefore, I think that we need to pay attention to the app itself, check the setting of this app, maybe it need to associate manually. If it’s convenient to you, you could provide the app and .jnlp file to us, and we can do a test for you.

Hope my clarification is clear.

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help, and unmark the answers if they provide no help. If you have feedback for TechNet Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Wednesday, December 23, 2015 2:26 PM

All replies

• Hi Pete,

According to your description, I suppose that you have tried to manually associate, but when you reinstall the java, .jnlp files lose the association.

Therefore, I think that we need to pay attention to the app itself, check the setting of this app, maybe it need to associate manually. If it’s convenient to you, you could provide the app and .jnlp file to us, and we can do a test for you.

Hope my clarification is clear.

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help, and unmark the answers if they provide no help. If you have feedback for TechNet Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Wednesday, December 23, 2015 2:26 PM
  • Hi,

If you resolved it using our solution, please "mark it as answer" to help other community members find the helpful reply quickly.
    If you resolve it using your own solution, please share your experience and solution here. It will be very beneficial for other community members who have similar questions.
    If no, please reply and tell us the current situation in order to provide further help.

Wednesday, January 6, 2016 1:36 AM
  • Hi this issue is still persist as I still have to keep re-associate the .jnlp to java web start. The vendor sent random jnlp file that to log onto their site and that's where the issue happens.
     Thanks for your help.
    • Edited by Pete Gem Wednesday, February 10, 2016 12:34 AM
    Wednesday, February 10, 2016 12:33 AM