I have a problem with windows vista's Safely Remove feature RRS feed

• Question

• Hi, you probably saw the title, so I will give you guys the details...

Description
    Windows was able to successfully install device driver software, but the driver software encountered a problem when it tried to run. The problem code is 47.

Problem signature
    Problem Event Name:    PnPDeviceProblemCode
    Architecture:    x86
    Hardware Id:    USB\VID_058F&PID_6377&REV_0100
    Setup class GUID:    {36fc9e60-c465-11cf-8056-444553540000}
    PnP problem code:    0000002F
    Driver name:    USBSTOR.SYS
    Driver version:    6.0.6000.16386
    Driver date:    11-02-2006
    OS Version:    6.0.6000.2.0.0.768.3
    Locale ID:    1033

Extra information about the problem
    Bucket ID:    16750917
    Thursday, August 7, 2008 4:19 PM

Answers

• Hi,

According to your description, this error is caused by USBSTOR.SYS, which is a USB driver file.

For more information about USBSTOR.SYS, you can refer to the following Microsoft article:

USB Storage - FAQ for Driver and Hardware Developers

http://www.microsoft.com/whdc/archive/usbfaq.mspx

Given the situation, I suggest you download and install the latest USB driver from your computer manufacturer website or motherboard chipset manufacturer website.

Hope it helps.

Monday, August 11, 2008 6:48 AM

All replies

• Hi,

According to your description, this error is caused by USBSTOR.SYS, which is a USB driver file.

For more information about USBSTOR.SYS, you can refer to the following Microsoft article:

USB Storage - FAQ for Driver and Hardware Developers

http://www.microsoft.com/whdc/archive/usbfaq.mspx

Given the situation, I suggest you download and install the latest USB driver from your computer manufacturer website or motherboard chipset manufacturer website.

Hope it helps.

Monday, August 11, 2008 6:48 AM
  • Hi,

I have a similar problem, with the same Driver and Hardware ID. This seems to be related more to the hardware id. Did you install a webcam/video capture card recently?

Though i have not been able to fix this problem yet, the root cause seems to the specific hardware in question, and reinstalling vista does not fix it.....keep looking at this smpace over the next couple of days and do let me know if you have any new angles on this. Nothing effective online on any of the forums or with Microsoft for this.

Sunday, September 14, 2008 4:58 PM