Cannot publish movie using Windows Movie Maker RRS feed

• Question

• When I try to publish my movie using Windows movie maker, my movie maker closes with the following mesage

Faulting application MOVIEMK.exe, version 6.0.6001.18494, time stamp 0x4c1a43fb, faulting module atipdlxx.dll_unloaded, version 0.0.0.0, time stamp 0x4844bbe8, exception code 0xc0000005, fault offset 0x0ba6a8ed, process id 0x1534, application start time 0x01cb956d21fc26be.

I see the following in event viewer

An unhandled win32 exception occurred in MOVIEMK.exe [4436]. Just-In-Time debugging this exception failed with the following error: No installed debugger has Just-In-Time debugging enabled. In Visual Studio, Just-In-Time debugging can be enabled from Tools/Options/Debugging/Just-In-Time. Check the documentation index for 'Just-in-time debugging, errors' for more information. Any way that I could fix this?

donsls

Monday, December 6, 2010 6:01 PM

Answers

• Hi,

When did this issue begin to occur? Does it work before?

Do you have SP1 or SP2 installed?

This issue may occur due to the installation of Microsoft  Movie Maker on the computer is damaged.

You can try the following steps:

Step 1:

Run the System File Checker (SFC) to repair Windows Vista system files

1. Click Start, type "cmd" (without the quote) in the Start Search bar, right-click cmd.exe and click run as administrator.

2. Input the following commands and press Enter after each line.

sfc /scannow

Note: There is a SPACE between "SFC" and "/Scannow". This command will take several minutes to complete.

If the corrupted files are detected but cannot be fixed, we need Windows Vista Installation Disk to repair Windows.

Step 2: In-Place Upgrade

Note: After performing In-Place Upgrade, your personal data and installed programs usually will not be removed but we may need to run Windows Update to install all the available updates for your system to update these system files to the current version. This troubleshooting process is time consuming. Your patience is highly appreciated.

As to the steps of In-Place Upgrade, I still would like to explain that it will reinstall all system files with this method. You may need to reinstall some applications to upgrade some files to a higher version, because they may be replaced during the installation of Windows. It will take about two hours to repair. Your personal files and settings will be kept as they were after the installation. However, it is always recommended to backup the important information and files to other partitions or other disks before doing it.

If you would like to perform the In-place Upgrade, let’s refer to the following steps.

1. Start the computer by using the current Operating System.

2. Insert the Windows Vista DVD in the computer's DVD drive.

3. Use one of the following procedures, as appropriate:

If Windows automatically detects the DVD, the Install now screen appears. Click Install now.

If Windows does not automatically detect the DVD, follow these steps:

a. Click Start, type Drive:\setup.exe, and then click OK.

Note Drive is the drive letter of the computer's DVD drive.

b. Click Install now.

4. When you reach the "Which type of installation do you want?" screen, click Upgrade to upgrade the current operating system to Windows Vista.

Regards,

Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread. ”
    Friday, December 10, 2010 10:54 AM
  • Update to Vista SP2 and update also your ATI graphics driver.

MOVIEMK.exe, version 6.0.6001.18494 reveals that you have Vista SP1 ( 6001 ). Sp2 changes the version to 6002 for all applications.

atipdlxx.dll is part of AMD/ATI Radeon graphics drivers .. go to www.ati.com and see if a updated driver for your graphics card is available. They frequently publish newer ones all few months.

If you have a Laptop and the Ati page redirects you to your Laptops vendor for drivers, then see on that sites ( Sony,Toshiba,Acer etc ) if newer driver are available.

But first bring Vista to the current edition. SP2 is a free download, typically comes also via Windows Update I think..

Sp1 cured lots of vista badness, sp2 does even fix more errors.

My moviemaker never crashed. And I have also a Ati Radeon graphics card ;)

Friday, December 10, 2010 2:31 PM

All replies

• Hi,

When did this issue begin to occur? Does it work before?

Do you have SP1 or SP2 installed?

This issue may occur due to the installation of Microsoft  Movie Maker on the computer is damaged.

You can try the following steps:

Step 1:

Run the System File Checker (SFC) to repair Windows Vista system files

1. Click Start, type "cmd" (without the quote) in the Start Search bar, right-click cmd.exe and click run as administrator.

2. Input the following commands and press Enter after each line.

sfc /scannow

Note: There is a SPACE between "SFC" and "/Scannow". This command will take several minutes to complete.

If the corrupted files are detected but cannot be fixed, we need Windows Vista Installation Disk to repair Windows.

Step 2: In-Place Upgrade

Note: After performing In-Place Upgrade, your personal data and installed programs usually will not be removed but we may need to run Windows Update to install all the available updates for your system to update these system files to the current version. This troubleshooting process is time consuming. Your patience is highly appreciated.

As to the steps of In-Place Upgrade, I still would like to explain that it will reinstall all system files with this method. You may need to reinstall some applications to upgrade some files to a higher version, because they may be replaced during the installation of Windows. It will take about two hours to repair. Your personal files and settings will be kept as they were after the installation. However, it is always recommended to backup the important information and files to other partitions or other disks before doing it.

If you would like to perform the In-place Upgrade, let’s refer to the following steps.

1. Start the computer by using the current Operating System.

2. Insert the Windows Vista DVD in the computer's DVD drive.

3. Use one of the following procedures, as appropriate:

If Windows automatically detects the DVD, the Install now screen appears. Click Install now.

If Windows does not automatically detect the DVD, follow these steps:

a. Click Start, type Drive:\setup.exe, and then click OK.

Note Drive is the drive letter of the computer's DVD drive.

b. Click Install now.

4. When you reach the "Which type of installation do you want?" screen, click Upgrade to upgrade the current operating system to Windows Vista.

Regards,

Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread. ”
    Friday, December 10, 2010 10:54 AM
  • Update to Vista SP2 and update also your ATI graphics driver.

MOVIEMK.exe, version 6.0.6001.18494 reveals that you have Vista SP1 ( 6001 ). Sp2 changes the version to 6002 for all applications.

atipdlxx.dll is part of AMD/ATI Radeon graphics drivers .. go to www.ati.com and see if a updated driver for your graphics card is available. They frequently publish newer ones all few months.

If you have a Laptop and the Ati page redirects you to your Laptops vendor for drivers, then see on that sites ( Sony,Toshiba,Acer etc ) if newer driver are available.

But first bring Vista to the current edition. SP2 is a free download, typically comes also via Windows Update I think..

Sp1 cured lots of vista badness, sp2 does even fix more errors.

My moviemaker never crashed. And I have also a Ati Radeon graphics card ;)

Friday, December 10, 2010 2:31 PM