none
AlwaysOn Failover Clustering local and remote storage RRS feed

• Question

• Hi ,

I have small doubt about Always on failover clustering. but i could not understand about local to remote database storage changes.

could you please help me on this. To achieve 0 down time we can move the databases from old infra to new infra.

Friday, January 11, 2019 7:28 PM

All replies

• Hi ,

I have small doubt about Always on failover clustering. but i could not understand about local to remote database storage changes.

could you please help me on this. To achieve 0 down time we can move the databases from old infra to new infra.

Friday, January 11, 2019 7:52 PM
  • Hi ,

The Zero downtime is myth. Now please tell in details what storage changes you are talking about

Cheers,

Shashank

Please mark this reply as answer if it solved your issue or vote as helpful if it helped so that other forum members can benefit from it

My TechNet Wiki Articles

MVP

Sunday, January 13, 2019 4:03 PM
  • Hi VBRS,

Always On failover cluster can minimize the downtime the application or clients experience during a failure. But it does not mean that it can achieve 0 downtime. The failover time depends a lot on how long it takes to write the dirty pages in the buffer cache to disk. Please refer to Always On Failover Cluster Instances and share us more details about your storage changes.  

Best Regards
    Puzzle
    MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com

Monday, January 14, 2019 2:36 AM