none
Remove Old SQL server stores on Skype2019 topology RRS feed

• Question

• Hi
    I upgrade lync 2013 to skype 2019.
    i had lync 2013 with 2 FE and 2 BE . after upgrade to skyp 2019 , i uninstall old BE1 but now i can't remove BE2 and Witness servers from topology because i Delete servers VM.

when i use Get-CsService -CentralManagementDatabase command , i see old centeral management store on lync BE2  and  skype BE.

Identity             : CentralManagementDatabase:x-skyp-be1.domain.com
    SqlInstanceName      : MS_CS
    DependentServiceList : {CentralManagement:x-CSP.domain.com}
    ServiceId            : 1-CentralMgmtStore-1
    SiteId               : Site:x Site
    PoolFqdn             : x-skyp-be1.domain.com
    Version              : 8
    Role                 : CentralManagementDatabase

Identity             : CentralManagementDatabase:x-Lync-BE2.domain.com
    SqlInstanceName      : MS_CS
    DependentServiceList : {}
    ServiceId            : 1-CentralMgmtStore-11
    SiteId               : Site:x Site
    PoolFqdn             : x-Lync-BE2.domain.com
    Version              : 6
    Role                 : CentralManagementDatabase

How can i remove old centeral management store from BE2
    please help me.

Monday, April 15, 2019 5:29 AM

Answers

All replies

• Hi javad shoaei,

After you upgrade Lync Server 2013 to SFB Server 2019, you can’t remove the Lync Server 2013 by delete the Lync Servers directly. As Lync Server 2013 and SFB Server 2019 are in the same topology, you need to move CMS at first. About how to decommission legacy pools you please refer to the official document: Decommission legacy pools. 

For this issue, please follow the steps the document above provided, it is similar to SFB Server 2019. In addition, you could also refer to the following blog to find the details about how to Migrating CMS in Lync Server and Skype4B Server

Best Regards,
    Evan Jiang

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

Click here to learn more. Visit the dedicated forum to share, explore and talk to experts about Microsoft Teams.

Monday, April 15, 2019 6:23 AM
  • when i type  command  Move-CsManagementServer i see this response:

Move-CsManagementServer

Confirm
    This cmdlet moves Central Management Server to the pool that contains this computer.

Current State:
      Central Management Server Pool: "x-CSP.domain.com"
      Central Management File Store: "\\x-skyp-be1.domain.com\CsShare"
      Central Management Store: "x-skyp-be1.domain.com\MS_CS"
      Central Management Store SCP: "x-skyp-be1.domain.com\MS_CS"

Proposed State:
      Central Management Server Pool: "x-CSP.domain.com"
      Central Management File Store: "\\x-skyp-be1.domain.com\CsShare"
      Central Management Store: "x-skyp-be1.domain.com\MS_CS"
      Central Management Store SCP: "x-skyp-be1.domain.com\MS_CS"

i think cms is on skype-be1 and no exist cms on lync be2

i manually remove xds and lis databas on lync-be2

Monday, April 15, 2019 6:47 AM
  • Hi javad shoaei,

Please run Get-CsManagementConnection and Get-CsConfigurationStoreLocation to check the current configuration in your environment. It is not recommend to remove xds and lis database manually directly. We suggest you do this follow the steps official document provided. 

Best Regards,
    Evan Jiang

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

Click here to learn more. Visit the dedicated forum to share, explore and talk to experts about Microsoft Teams.

Wednesday, April 17, 2019 6:41 AM
  • Hi

thank you for your answer. I found that solution
    https://myhybridsetup.org/remove-orphen-sql-witness-store-from-skype-for-business-topology/

i appreciate you
    Thursday, April 18, 2019 1:41 PM
  • Hi javad shoaei,

Thanks for your sharing, we are glad to see your issue has been fix. In addition, please try to mark your reply as answer, it will help others who have the similar issue. 

Best Regards,
    Evan Jiang

Friday, April 19, 2019 1:28 AM
  • Hi javad shoaei,

Do you have any further issue on this topic?
    If there is no issue, please remember to mark helpful reply as answer to close the thread. Your action would be helpful to other users who encounter the same issue and read this thread. Thanks for your understanding.

Best Regards,
    Evan Jiang

Monday, April 22, 2019 1:48 AM