none
Resource question RRS feed

• Question

• Hi I am using project 2007 and have 1 task that is rather long with several other tasks occuring at time intervals within the long task.  I am currently over allocated for the resource (just one resource) but was wondering could I have portions of the long task resourced at 100% and then other portions at 33%?  Also for my resource I am using the standard calendar but when I look at the gant chart it looks like the activity is not automatically skipping saturday and sunday.  Any ideas?

thanks Paul.

Thursday, April 4, 2013 3:31 PM

All replies

• Hi,

If you like manual work so much, yes you can have portions resourced at 33% - go to the Task Usage view and manually change the planned work on the long task.

Second question, on the Gantt Chart, double-click the timescale, Nonworkig Time pad and select " in front of bars"

Greetings,

Thursday, April 4, 2013 3:51 PM
  • thanks for the response, actually trying to avoid manual work, would the resource levelling tool take care of this for me, if I have multiple concurent tasks and have over allocation?
    Thursday, April 4, 2013 4:01 PM
  • Hi,

Ha-Ha! Yes it can - up to a certain point. If you put the units for the "urgent small" tasks to 100%, make sure it has a higher priority and that all the options allowing tasksto split (that is, in File, Options, Schedule AND in the leveling options) then the small urgent task will neatly split the long non-urgent tasks.

But it's all or nothing, it can split but not change units as you request.

Greetings,

Thursday, April 4, 2013 6:39 PM