none
Is there a solution to record the working hours for solve the issue , Project server 2013 RRS feed

• Question

• Hi there,

I try to use PWA to manage MA's working status.

In my mind, it should be: user create a issue, and set owner  --> owner try to fix the issue, or assign to someone--> after fixed it, like a task, there is someplace to record working hours.

Can I do like this? Or is there any good solution?

Jou Chen

Monday, May 11, 2015 9:02 AM

Answers

• Hi Jou Chen,

It could be managed as a normal task created by the project manager in the project plan. After the PM publishes it, it gets populated in the issue's owner timesheet where he can enter actuals which will go in the project plan after PM's approval. Note that it could rapidly become tedious to micro manage issues through the project plan (lots of timesheet lines for the team members and lots of approvals and project task for the PM). Note also that the issue items from the site issue list can be related to project tasks.

Another way to manage it, maybe lighter, is to use the administrative multi line new feature. I wrote a blog about it a while ago:

http://psbehindthescene.blogspot.fr/2014/05/multilines-administrative-time.html

Hope this helps,

Guillaume Rouyre, MBA, MVP, P-Seller |

Monday, May 11, 2015 9:12 AM

All replies

• Hi Jou Chen,

It could be managed as a normal task created by the project manager in the project plan. After the PM publishes it, it gets populated in the issue's owner timesheet where he can enter actuals which will go in the project plan after PM's approval. Note that it could rapidly become tedious to micro manage issues through the project plan (lots of timesheet lines for the team members and lots of approvals and project task for the PM). Note also that the issue items from the site issue list can be related to project tasks.

Another way to manage it, maybe lighter, is to use the administrative multi line new feature. I wrote a blog about it a while ago:

http://psbehindthescene.blogspot.fr/2014/05/multilines-administrative-time.html

Hope this helps,

Guillaume Rouyre, MBA, MVP, P-Seller |

Monday, May 11, 2015 9:12 AM
  • Hi  Guillaume Rouyre,

Thanks a lot.  It is OK for me.  

Jou Chen

Tuesday, May 12, 2015 7:38 AM