game problem RRS feed

• Question

• I downloaded final fantasy xiii. the game installed perfectly but when I tried to open the game I got this:
    "a fatal system error has occurred.(2)
    could not secure sufficient VRAM when booting the game."

what should I do?

Friday, March 4, 2016 1:24 PM

Answers

• Hi KIANARRR,

Based on your description, I noticed the error message, it seems that your computer’s VRAM is too low to play this game.

Please check the configuration of your computer, make sure that your computer meet the minimum configuration to run the game.

In addition, for more about this game support, please refer to the link:

https://steamcommunity.com/app/292120/discussions/1/613938693101829409/

Please Note: Since the websites are not hosted by Microsoft, the links may change without notice. Microsoft does not guarantee the accuracy of this information.

Best Regards,

Tao

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help, and unmark the answers if they provide no help. If you have feedback for TechNet Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Monday, March 7, 2016 11:26 AM

All replies

• The publisher of the game or a forum specifically this game is the best place to get advise.

This game is not a Microsoft product and the publisher of the game has sole responsibility for support of this game.

Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread. ”

Friday, March 4, 2016 4:13 PM
  • VRAM stands for Video RAM or graphics memory. If the available graphics memory is less than the minimum required, the error is displayed.

I find that Final Fantasy XIII needs at least 512 MB of VRAM. Confirm that your PC supports it. If not, you may not be able to play this game unless you upgrade the graphics card. Further, if you're using a laptop, graphics card upgrade is not possible. Additionally, if you're using any processor that includes graphics processor along with discrete graphics card (like nVidia or ATI), like 2nd generation or higher Intel processors, you may have to configure the supported software to let the game use the discrete graphics card.

Balaji Kundalam

Monday, March 7, 2016 9:33 AM
  • Hi KIANARRR,

Based on your description, I noticed the error message, it seems that your computer’s VRAM is too low to play this game.

Please check the configuration of your computer, make sure that your computer meet the minimum configuration to run the game.

In addition, for more about this game support, please refer to the link:

https://steamcommunity.com/app/292120/discussions/1/613938693101829409/

Please Note: Since the websites are not hosted by Microsoft, the links may change without notice. Microsoft does not guarantee the accuracy of this information.

Best Regards,

Tao

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help, and unmark the answers if they provide no help. If you have feedback for TechNet Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Monday, March 7, 2016 11:26 AM