Can Microsoft make 7 screensaver Pan and Zoom like Vista did? RRS feed

• Question

• I think my title line says it all. I liked the picture show of Vista screensaver. Why can't MS make something like that available as a plug-in or add-on option? Someone on another forum told me get Google Picassa, I tried it, It sorta works but the transition from one pic to next is not pretty. I guess i am saying I like eye candy.
    ANY SUGGESTIONS APPRECIATED.
    Tuesday, January 19, 2010 2:33 AM

Answers

• Hey Ol Rod,

I bet you're wondering "Microsoft already built a great one and had it in Vista... where'd it go?!"

Well, they actually took it and re-packaged it as part of the Windows Live Photo Gallery program.  This program is actually great to have, even if you don't care at all about Windows Live.  As a replacement to the built-in Photo Viewer in Windows 7, this program provides image correction abilities, adjustments, tagging, etc... and also comes with a Windows Live Photo Gallery Screensaver.

This screensaver is the one from Vista, they just renamed it.  Enjoy!

Download Windows Live Photo Gallery as part of the Windows Live Essentials -- a collection of programs you must have to get the true Windows 7 experience:  http://get.live.com

If this was helpful, please vote by clicking the green triangle. If it solves the issue, click Propose as Answer. Thanks!
    • Marked as answer by Arthur Xie Monday, January 25, 2010 10:05 AM
    Wednesday, January 20, 2010 5:36 AM

All replies

• Hey Ol Rod,

I bet you're wondering "Microsoft already built a great one and had it in Vista... where'd it go?!"

Well, they actually took it and re-packaged it as part of the Windows Live Photo Gallery program.  This program is actually great to have, even if you don't care at all about Windows Live.  As a replacement to the built-in Photo Viewer in Windows 7, this program provides image correction abilities, adjustments, tagging, etc... and also comes with a Windows Live Photo Gallery Screensaver.

This screensaver is the one from Vista, they just renamed it.  Enjoy!

Download Windows Live Photo Gallery as part of the Windows Live Essentials -- a collection of programs you must have to get the true Windows 7 experience:  http://get.live.com

If this was helpful, please vote by clicking the green triangle. If it solves the issue, click Propose as Answer. Thanks!
    • Marked as answer by Arthur Xie Monday, January 25, 2010 10:05 AM
    Wednesday, January 20, 2010 5:36 AM
  • As the Windows Photo Gallery has been removed from Windows 7, but you can still obtain the Windows live screensaver once installing the Windows Live Photo Gallery, then you would get the Pan and Zoom effort. You just need to choose the Windows Live Photo Gallery as your screensaver, and change the setting to pan and zoom.

I hope this can help you.
    John
    Friday, January 22, 2010 10:44 AM