Exchange Commands for Move/copy Calendar items from One Room Mailbox to Another Room Mailbox. (Calender Items move/copy) RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I want to migrate the old Room Mailbox (Room 1) Calender Ítems to the newly created Room Mailbox (Room 2) through the Exchange Command lines.

This task can be done with the GUI mode through Outlook as it is given in below articles. I want to perform the same task through command line to reduce manual effort.

http://community.office365.com/en-us/forums/158/t/51693.aspx

Thanks

Shambhu Sharma

Thursday, October 10, 2013 7:22 PM

Answers

• Export the calender from the source mailbox and import it into the target mailbox.  It takes a PST in the middle, but it's relatively painless.

New-MailboxExportRequest -Mailbox <Source> -FilePath <PST Name> -IncludeFolders "#Calendar#"

New-MailboxImportRequest -Mailbox <Target> -FilePath <PST Name> -IncludeFolders "#Calendar#"

Will that work for you?

• Marked as answer by Shambhu Sharma Wednesday, December 26, 2018 6:26 AM
    Thursday, October 10, 2013 7:54 PM
  • Export the calender from the source mailbox and import it into the target mailbox.  It takes a PST in the middle, but it's relatively painless.

New-MailboxExportRequest -Mailbox <Source> -FilePath <PST Name> -IncludeFolders "#Calendar#"

New-MailboxImportRequest -Mailbox <Target> -FilePath <PST Name> -IncludeFolders "#Calendar#"

Will that work for you?

Hi,

In addition to Willard's reply above -  to be able to run the above commands you need to run the following command first:

New-ManagementRoleAssignment –Role “Mailbox Import Export” –User DOMAIN\USER

ecsword

• Proposed as answer by CanKILIC Friday, October 11, 2013 12:33 AM
    • Marked as answer by Shambhu Sharma Wednesday, December 26, 2018 6:27 AM
    Thursday, October 10, 2013 10:22 PM

All replies

Will that work for you?

• Marked as answer by Shambhu Sharma Wednesday, December 26, 2018 6:26 AM
    Thursday, October 10, 2013 7:54 PM

Will that work for you?

Hi,

In addition to Willard's reply above -  to be able to run the above commands you need to run the following command first:

New-ManagementRoleAssignment –Role “Mailbox Import Export” –User DOMAIN\USER

ecsword

• Proposed as answer by CanKILIC Friday, October 11, 2013 12:33 AM
    • Marked as answer by Shambhu Sharma Wednesday, December 26, 2018 6:27 AM
    Thursday, October 10, 2013 10:22 PM
  • Hi,

If you are running on Exchange 2010 RTM, we need to uses the Import-Mailbox and Export-Mailbox cmdlets to achieve it:

Exporting and Importing Mailboxes with Exchange Server 2010

http://www.msexchange.org/articles-tutorials/exchange-server-2010/management-administration/exporting-importing-mailboxes-exchange-server-2010.html

If your Exchange version is Exchange 2010 SP1 and later version, we can use New-MailboxExportRequest  and New-MailboxImportRequest cmdelts. There are some detailed tutorials that we can refer to:

How to Export Mailboxes with Exchange Server 2010 SP1

http://exchangeserverpro.com/export-mailboxes-exchange-server-2010-sp1/

How to Import PST Files into Mailboxes with Exchange 2010 SP1

http://exchangeserverpro.com/exchange-2010-import-pst-files-mailboxes/

Thanks,

Winnie

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time.
    Thanks for helping make community forums a great place.

Friday, October 11, 2013 8:32 AM
  • Hi Winnie, Sorry for late reply. I don´t want to import or export entire items from mailbox. I just wanted to migrate the Old Room mailbox Calendar items. Let me explain again: Scenario: Move or Copy all calendar items from Room Mailbox 1 (Old Mailbox) to Room Mailbox 2 (New Mailbox). While Moving and copy the calendar items, I am looking below opportunity which will give benefits to end user for changing the room mailbox name for their old meetings. While copy or moving the calendar items: 1. New Room Mailbox should change automatic at Organiser and Attendees. 2. Old Room mailbox name should remove automatic from old meetings. 3. Task need to perform by only Exchange Command lets. 4. You may look same post and answers at http://community.office365.com/en- us/forums/158/t/51693.aspx but in this post all task has been done trough GUI Mode. Thanks Shambhu
    Monday, December 2, 2013 8:22 PM
  • Sorry, you answers didn´t help me. I am giving my specification again:

First of all, sorry for late reply. I don´t want to import or export entire items from mailbox. I just wanted to migrate the Old Room mailbox Calendar items. Let me explain again:

Scenario: Move or Copy all calendar items from Room Mailbox 1 (Old Mailbox) to Room Mailbox 2 (New Mailbox).

While Moving and copy the calendar items, I am looking below opportunity which will give benefits to end user for changing the room mailbox name for their old meetings.

While copy or moving the calendar items:
    1. New Room Mailbox should change automatic at Organiser and Attendees.
    2. Old Room mailbox name should remove automatic from old meetings.
    3. Task need to perform by only Exchange Command lets.
    4. You may look same post and answers at http://community.office365.com/en-
    us/forums/158/t/51693.aspx but in this post all task has been done trough GUI Mode.

Thanks
    Shambhu

Monday, December 2, 2013 8:23 PM
  • First off, the tools to move the calendars between the mailboxes are what Winnie (and I) mentioned.  If you wish to have the new room updated on the meetings on the calendars of the attendees and organizer, you can't do it automatically without writing some very serious custom EWS code - there are no Exchange cmdlets for accepting and declining meetings.  The only way to automatically update the name of the room that is being used for the meeting without writing custom code is to rename the room itself.

Tuesday, December 3, 2013 1:18 PM
  • Thanks Martin for clarification.
    Tuesday, December 3, 2013 2:49 PM
  • Hello Shambhu,

Can you please let me know how we can perform room mailbox migration through Outlook??

Thanks, Chinmay.

Tuesday, August 7, 2018 10:33 AM
  • Hi Chinmay,

There is no straight command to migrate old room mailbox to new mailbox. In all cases, we need to follow below steps:

1. Create new mailbox. 2. Export old mailbox calender items from outlook or shell command and 3. Import in new mailbox.

Thanks.

Shambhu

Wednesday, December 26, 2018 6:26 AM