none
Exchange 2010 via UAG "Unexpected Response (-9)" RRS feed

• Question

• We are currently running Forefront UAG Update 2, publishing Exchange 2010 OWA, ActiveSync, and Outlook Anywhere. We are also publishing Exchange 2003 OWA as a separate application via the same portal.

When I log into the UAG portal as an Exchange 2010 user, and launch the OWA 2010 app, it loads up as expected. When I click on either calendar, contacts or Public Folders links down the bottom left, I get the following errors -

The Exchange server issued an unexpected response (-9) - Public Folders / Calendar
    The Exchange server issued an unexpected response (-1) - Contacts

I've tried disabling the Exchange 2003 OWA publishing, however the error still persists. I do no receive the errors when accessing OWA 2010 internally (pointing directly to the Exchange server)

Any ideas?

Friday, November 19, 2010 4:01 AM

Answers

• After doing Service Packs and all sorts, I came back to parameters in IIS on the Exchange 2010 backend Server.

Authentication Parameters:

ECP: anonymous=enabled; basic=enabled; digest=disabled; forms=disabled; windows=enabled; asp.net=disabled

The only parameter change is the widows (windows=disabled to windows=enabled) one!

After changing this, we are now NOT getting -9 errors, and also all mail options seem to be now working okay on the client (Out of Office, Dictionary etc).

• Marked as answer by doitdoug75 Thursday, October 11, 2012 2:30 AM
    Thursday, October 11, 2012 2:28 AM

All replies

• What information if any is showing in the Web UAG monitor when you see this error
    • Marked as answer by Erez Benari Wednesday, November 24, 2010 6:28 PM
    • Unmarked as answer by doitdoug75 Thursday, October 11, 2012 2:30 AM
    Friday, November 19, 2010 11:08 AM
  • Hi was an answer found to this as I have a customer with the same issue?

Thanks

Sunday, April 17, 2011 10:36 PM
  • Ditto - i have now run into this issue - I am having trouble finding a smoking gun for this in the UAG monitor
    Thursday, June 16, 2011 1:01 AM
  • After doing Service Packs and all sorts, I came back to parameters in IIS on the Exchange 2010 backend Server.

Authentication Parameters:

ECP: anonymous=enabled; basic=enabled; digest=disabled; forms=disabled; windows=enabled; asp.net=disabled

The only parameter change is the widows (windows=disabled to windows=enabled) one!

After changing this, we are now NOT getting -9 errors, and also all mail options seem to be now working okay on the client (Out of Office, Dictionary etc).

• Marked as answer by doitdoug75 Thursday, October 11, 2012 2:30 AM
    Thursday, October 11, 2012 2:28 AM