Exchange 2007 plus Mail Contacts RRS feed

• Question

• Just wondering how others are dealing with "Mail Contacts" that may share the same email address.  As in, a small company has two users that you want to have listed separately in you address list but they both make use of the same email address, something like info@somecompany.com.  I have not figured out, or do not know of, a way to deal with this.

Thanks

Jeff Bevans

Wednesday, March 30, 2011 5:52 PM

Answers

• For such mailboxes you can use Public Folders or Grant two or more users access to one shared mailbox i.e.: Jim has email jim@domain.com , Tom has email tom@domain.com the both want to have access to info@domain.com so you create new mailbox for info@domain.com and grant access rights to that mailbox to both Jim and Tom

With kind regards
    Krystian Zieja
    http://www.projectnenvision.com
    Follow me on twitter
    My Blog
    • Marked as answer by Gavin-Zhang Friday, April 8, 2011 6:48 AM
    Wednesday, March 30, 2011 6:08 PM
  • Hi Jeff,

Above gave some good suggestion, we could not set the same smtpaddress for two different mail contacts.

Regards!
    Gavin
    Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.
    Monday, April 4, 2011 8:45 AM

All replies

• For such mailboxes you can use Public Folders or Grant two or more users access to one shared mailbox i.e.: Jim has email jim@domain.com , Tom has email tom@domain.com the both want to have access to info@domain.com so you create new mailbox for info@domain.com and grant access rights to that mailbox to both Jim and Tom

With kind regards
    Krystian Zieja
    http://www.projectnenvision.com
    Follow me on twitter
    My Blog
    Wednesday, March 30, 2011 6:08 PM
  • Hi Jeff,

Above gave some good suggestion, we could not set the same smtpaddress for two different mail contacts.

Regards!
    Gavin
    Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.
    Monday, April 4, 2011 8:45 AM