MS OFFICE 2013 ERROR RRS feed

• Question

• DEAR SIR,

I HAVE WINDOWS SERVER 2012 R2 STANDARD AND MS OFFICE PROFESSIONAL 2013 PAPER LICENCE, 

NOW I INSTALL WINDOWS 2012 R2 AND INSTALL MS OFFICE 2013 PAPER LICENCE, THAT TIME MS OFFICE WORK PROPERLY BUT WHEN CREATED TERMINAL SERVER THEN MS WORD AND EXCEL GIVES MESSAGE " THIS COPY OF MICROSOFT OFFICE 2013 CAN NOT USED ON A COMPUTER RUNNING TERMINAL SERVICES, TO USE OFFICE 2013 ON A COMPUTER RUNNING TERMINAL SERVICES, YOU MUST USE A VOLUME LICENCE EDITION OFFICE "

PLEASE GIVE SOLUTION FOR THIS PROBLE 

MY E-MAIL ID SALES2LGBLS.COM AND MUMBAI@LGBLS.COM

CONTACT NO.02240011800

• Changed type TP []MVP Saturday, October 3, 2015 12:27 AM Question
    Thursday, October 1, 2015 10:24 AM

Answers

• Hi,

You must have volume licenses of Office to allow users to connect and use Office on Server 2012 R2 Remote Desktop Session Host (RDSH) server.  You cannot use other versions such as Retail, OEM, etc., unless you purchase Software Assurance (SA) for them, which you are typically eligible to do within a certain number of days after original purchase.

After you purchase the volume licenses, please make sure to download the correct ISO from the Microsoft Volume Licensing Service Center (VLSC) as well as the correct key and use those to install Office on your server.

Another alternative is to have an Office 365 subscription for each user that includes Office 365 ProPlus, for instance E3/E4 level.  This would allow you to use Shared Computer Activation on your server.

-TP

• Proposed as answer by Amy Wang_ Thursday, October 8, 2015 3:49 PM
    • Marked as answer by Amy Wang_ Sunday, October 11, 2015 2:21 PM
    Saturday, October 3, 2015 12:41 AM

All replies

• DEAR SIR,

I HAVE WINDOWS SERVER 2012 R2 STANDARD AND MS OFFICE PROFESSIONAL 2013 PAPER LICENCE, 

NOW I INSTALL WINDOWS 2012 R2 AND INSTALL MS OFFICE 2013 PAPER LICENCE, THAT TIME MS OFFICE WORK PROPERLY BUT WHEN CREATED TERMINAL SERVER THEN MS WORD AND EXCEL GIVES MESSAGE " THIS COPY OF MICROSOFT OFFICE 2013 CAN NOT USED ON A COMPUTER RUNNING TERMINAL SERVICES, TO USE OFFICE 2013 ON A COMPUTER RUNNING TERMINAL SERVICES, YOU MUST USE A VOLUME LICENCE EDITION OFFICE "

PLEASE GIVE SOLUTION FOR THIS PROBLE 

MY E-MAIL ID SALES2LGBLS.COM AND MUMBAI@LGBLS.COM

CONTACT NO.02240011800

Thursday, October 1, 2015 10:27 AM
  • Hi,

You must have volume licenses of Office to allow users to connect and use Office on Server 2012 R2 Remote Desktop Session Host (RDSH) server.  You cannot use other versions such as Retail, OEM, etc., unless you purchase Software Assurance (SA) for them, which you are typically eligible to do within a certain number of days after original purchase.

After you purchase the volume licenses, please make sure to download the correct ISO from the Microsoft Volume Licensing Service Center (VLSC) as well as the correct key and use those to install Office on your server.

Another alternative is to have an Office 365 subscription for each user that includes Office 365 ProPlus, for instance E3/E4 level.  This would allow you to use Shared Computer Activation on your server.

-TP

• Proposed as answer by Amy Wang_ Thursday, October 8, 2015 3:49 PM
    • Marked as answer by Amy Wang_ Sunday, October 11, 2015 2:21 PM
    Saturday, October 3, 2015 12:41 AM