Is there any way to force an alert to send another notification to subscribers? RRS feed

• Question

• I'm looking for any method available for me to force SCOM (2007 R2 CU3) to send another notification for an alert to all of it's subscribers.  By "any method" I'll give the following example:

I currently have several VBScript Monitors (3-state) that alert if something is outside of thresholds.  Since SCOM doesn't show me the current value in the alert (I want it in the Alert, not a perf graph) in the UI (it only can provide me the value that it crossed the threshold on) I'm forcing the alert description to update to the current value by, in the VBScript for the Unit Monitor, connecting to the OpsMgr Database and update the AlertView "LastUpdated" and "AlertParams" to the new value.

So is there ANY method of which I can "trick" or "force" SCOM to send another Notification to an Alert's Subscribers?  I want to get around the alert supression on a case by case basis and would also see a good use case on resending alerts that may have failed due to unsual circumstances.  Any feedback is appreciated.

Daven

Thursday, January 27, 2011 10:07 PM

Answers

• UPDATE Alert SET LastModifiedExceptRepeatCount = GETUTCDATE() WHERE AlertId = '41B48031-F926-481D-BDC7-FCC11B6C6421'

Figured it out.  Updating the "LastModifiedExceptRepeatCount" field on a monitor forces another notification to send out.

• Marked as answer by Daven Combs Friday, February 4, 2011 4:53 PM
    Friday, February 4, 2011 4:53 PM

All replies

• I am still hoping for a response to this. Anything?
    Friday, February 4, 2011 1:49 PM
  • UPDATE Alert SET LastModifiedExceptRepeatCount = GETUTCDATE() WHERE AlertId = '41B48031-F926-481D-BDC7-FCC11B6C6421'

Figured it out.  Updating the "LastModifiedExceptRepeatCount" field on a monitor forces another notification to send out.

• Marked as answer by Daven Combs Friday, February 4, 2011 4:53 PM
    Friday, February 4, 2011 4:53 PM