locked
Attributes to Search and Resolving RRS feed

  • Question

  • Hi,

    I have an attribute that is an Integer. When I add it to the AttributesToSearch in the RCDC for a uocIdentityPicker, the search does not find and resolve the user with that attribute value.

    I've tested with a string attribute and it resolves just fine. (I've also triple checked the attribute spelling.)

    Is there something different with an Integer attribute when trying to resolve a reference?

    Thanks,

    Sami

    Wednesday, September 4, 2013 6:06 PM

Answers

  • So i tested this by myself and got the solution:

    make user of the new Feature of RCDCs, which is also described in my above link of new search Features in R2

    If your SearchScope is working with Numbers use the DefaultSearchScopeName property of the uocIdentityPicker

    Here is a snippet from my RCDC:

          <my:Control my:Name="MultiRefAttr" my:TypeName="UocIdentityPicker" my:Caption="{Binding Source=schema, Path=MultiRefAttr.DisplayName}" my:RightsLevel="{Binding Source=rights, Path=MultiRefAttr}">
            <my:Properties>
              <my:Property my:Name="ObjectTypes" my:Value="User" />
              <my:Property my:Name="ResultObjectType" my:Value="User" />
              <my:Property my:Name="Value" my:Value="{Binding Source=object, Path=MultiRefAttr, Mode=TwoWay}" />
              <my:Property my:Name="Mode" my:Value="MultipleResult" />
              <my:Property my:Name="DefaultSearchScopeName" my:Value="My search scope name" />
            </my:Properties>
          </my:Control>
    Regards
    Peter

    • Edited by Peter_Stapf Thursday, September 5, 2013 3:10 PM
    • Marked as answer by SamiVV Thursday, September 5, 2013 3:50 PM
    Thursday, September 5, 2013 3:10 PM

All replies

  • Hi Sami

    I am not 100% sure of this but it seems to me that the search defaults to string values.

    As these searches go against a search scope you maybe want to try the new advanced filter and use the '%SEARCH_TERM_INTEGER% variable.

    http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/jj134313(v=ws.10).aspx

    It could be worth trying.

    Regards
    Peter

    Thursday, September 5, 2013 10:20 AM
  • Hi Peter,

    Thank you for the reply and the link.

    Unfortunately, while I can get the search scope itself to work, adding the advanced filter syntax to the Filter parameter of the RCDC still doesn't work.

    I appreciate your help!

    Thanks,

    Sami

    Thursday, September 5, 2013 2:10 PM
  • So i tested this by myself and got the solution:

    make user of the new Feature of RCDCs, which is also described in my above link of new search Features in R2

    If your SearchScope is working with Numbers use the DefaultSearchScopeName property of the uocIdentityPicker

    Here is a snippet from my RCDC:

          <my:Control my:Name="MultiRefAttr" my:TypeName="UocIdentityPicker" my:Caption="{Binding Source=schema, Path=MultiRefAttr.DisplayName}" my:RightsLevel="{Binding Source=rights, Path=MultiRefAttr}">
            <my:Properties>
              <my:Property my:Name="ObjectTypes" my:Value="User" />
              <my:Property my:Name="ResultObjectType" my:Value="User" />
              <my:Property my:Name="Value" my:Value="{Binding Source=object, Path=MultiRefAttr, Mode=TwoWay}" />
              <my:Property my:Name="Mode" my:Value="MultipleResult" />
              <my:Property my:Name="DefaultSearchScopeName" my:Value="My search scope name" />
            </my:Properties>
          </my:Control>
    Regards
    Peter

    • Edited by Peter_Stapf Thursday, September 5, 2013 3:10 PM
    • Marked as answer by SamiVV Thursday, September 5, 2013 3:50 PM
    Thursday, September 5, 2013 3:10 PM
  • Thanks so much!
    Thursday, September 5, 2013 3:50 PM