My microphone not recording. A buzzing sound comes when connecting microphone RRS feed

• Question

• My mic was working fine until a few days ago. but then i updated the sound drivers and it started to buzz and not record.

i tried uninstalling the driver and installing new ones, but it was of no use. is there any way to fix it.

i have already checked the mic on another pc and it works fine. please help

Saturday, April 4, 2015 3:05 PM

Answers

• Hi,

Which driver you are trying to update/reinstall, the sound card driver or a driver specifically for microphone? Please let me know the brand and model of your motherboard and the microphone. 

As you tested on another PC, any driver is installed on that PC?

Meanwhile when you trying to uninstall its driver, please go to Device Manager to uninstall.

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and un-mark them if they provide no help. If you have feedback for TechNet Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Tuesday, April 7, 2015 8:23 AM

All replies

• You may roll back to your old audio driver if it's a driver related issue.

The buzzing noise may be due to loose connections, tight connection will not cause interference.

Check that the microphone volume is not set too high-if it is set too high then there may be a buzzing noise.

Regarding recording issue:

1. Click Start, and then click Run.
    2. In the Open box, type sndvol32.exe and then click OK.
    3. Click Properties on the Options menu.
    4. In the Adjust volume for box, click Recording.
    5. Click OK.
    6. In the Microphone box, verify that the Select check box is selected.

S.Sengupta, Windows Experience MVP

Saturday, April 4, 2015 11:46 PM
  • Hi,

Which driver you are trying to update/reinstall, the sound card driver or a driver specifically for microphone? Please let me know the brand and model of your motherboard and the microphone. 

As you tested on another PC, any driver is installed on that PC?

Meanwhile when you trying to uninstall its driver, please go to Device Manager to uninstall.

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and un-mark them if they provide no help. If you have feedback for TechNet Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Tuesday, April 7, 2015 8:23 AM