Referenced Account is currently locked out RRS feed

• Question

• Was setting up a new account on my laptop for my wife (luckily I did this. You'll see why in a minute.) and after I finished I took a shower. Came back to the box, typed in my credentials and I got the message "The referenced account is currently locked out and may not be logged on to". For the life of me I cannot figure out how this happened. I am able to log onto my wife's new account just fine but from her account I cannot figure out what is causing the issue. The native admin account is disabled along with the guest account. And no, I did not change the name of the native admin account, use it, and then disable it. My account is the first account created on the box with admin rights.

Facts:

-Any and all attempts to view Group Policies is met with an access is denied message as a standard user (didn't know I had that much security enabled, maybe it's by default?)
    -Any type of account management cannot be done as a standard user.
    -I poured over hundreds of logs but could not find anything out of the ordinary. I cannot access security logs as a standard user.
    -Default account lockout time is 30mins after 5 attempts, I've waited over 3 hours (I know this from memory)
    -I did not enter incorrect password attempts prior to the lockout. The very first attempt was met with the lockout message
    -My account password does not expire and neither does my wife's
    -I am using Win7 Ult-64 on an i7-3630QM 2.4, 8GB ram
    -A fresh install is not an option and neither is an NT password reset. I have encrypted files I cannot lose access to.
    -I am at my wits end.

Mods, I apologize if this post is in the wrong spot.

I need some assistance, I've boxed myself in and can't think my way out. Suggestions?

Thanks in advance!

Matt M.
    Frustrated User

Edit: I am able to access the Computer Management window under Admin tools in the CP. Local Users and Groups > Users, I can see all of the users and view their properties. As I mentioned before, Admin and Guest accounts are disabled. The properties on my account are:
    User cannot change password: NOT checked
    Password never expires: Checked
    Account is disabled: NOT checked
    Account is locked out: Checked

Obviously any attempt to change as standard user is denied.

• Edited by Matt_CM Sunday, March 29, 2015 2:56 AM
    Sunday, March 29, 2015 2:41 AM