none
Can’t set folder property ? RRS feed

• Question

• After migrating 4500 public folders to Exchange 2013 I thought I got everything right, but later found that at least one pf property had been lost:

We use mail enabled folders that deliver messages both to a distribution list and to the folder itself. After migration the folders where forwarding the messages, but did not save a copy in the folder itself. And in fact the checkbox “Deliver message to both forwarding address and mailbox” was not set.

So I started to set the property on all folders that required it, but casually noticed that strangely the tooltip associated with the checkbox read “If you select this option the public folder won’t appear in your organization address book…”. This clearly refers to another property “Hide from Exchange address list”.

Guess what ? Both checkboxes appear to control the same property “Hide from address book”, while the one I need seems inaccessible.

So how do I set “Deliver message to both forwarding address and mailbox” ?

Any ideas ?

• Edited by GianpaoloV Tuesday, April 16, 2013 10:14 AM
    Tuesday, April 16, 2013 10:13 AM

All replies

• Tried to use

Set-MailPublicFolder -Identity xxx@yyy.zz -DeliverToMailboxAndForward $true

But had no effect, folder still does only forward, no local delivery ...

Tuesday, April 16, 2013 11:48 AM
  • Did you found an answer to this bug? I have the exact same issue. The forward is OK but when I check for both mailbox delivery there is no local delivery.

Thanks

Monday, April 14, 2014 11:48 AM
  • No, nobody seems to care...

But I believe lots of installations have this problem.

I got around it using his:

Set-MailPublicFolder -Identity mypublicfolder@mydomain.com -ForwardingAddress mydl@mydomain.com -DeliverToMailboxAndForward $true

This has always worked.

• Proposed as answer by The Great Quux Wednesday, June 19, 2019 4:59 PM
    Tuesday, April 15, 2014 6:34 AM
  • Yep, this definitely works, although GUI is still confused about it.  In Exchange 2016 this is fixed to allow it.
    Wednesday, June 19, 2019 5:00 PM