none
SSRS - Chart Rendering Issue RRS feed

• Question

• Hello everyone,

I am working on an SSRS report where I need to plot line chart. Now the problem is the way it is rendered. The lines are looking crooked in SSDT, Chrome, IE and SSDT Print Preview but looking OK (Smooth and Clean) when I generate the PDF of the report. Please help me out to fix this issue. Below are the screenshots of my chart in PDF and in other version of report.

PDF version:

IE, Chrome, SSDT and SSDT Print Preview version:

Thank you in advance.

Monday, December 9, 2019 7:18 AM

All replies

• Hi Harsh,

What version of SSRS were you using? It seems that ssrs before 2016 doesnot have high dpi resolution.

You could try to increase the size of the chart , this may contribute to a sharper look.

Regards,

Lukas

MSDN Community Support Please remember to click Mark as Answer; the responses that resolved your issue, and to click Unmark as Answer if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

Tuesday, December 10, 2019 2:05 AM
  • Hi Lukas DreiKlein,

Thank you for the quick response. I am using SSRS 2017. (See below)

Also, in my case I can't increase the size of the graph it will lead me to change layout of the whole report.

Please guide further on what can I do in this situation.

Thank you

Regards,

Harsh Jariwala

Tuesday, December 10, 2019 5:04 AM
  • This is possible due to the HTML render limitation, we would look further to see if any possible workaround exist.

MSDN Community Support Please remember to click Mark as Answer; the responses that resolved your issue, and to click Unmark as Answer if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

Friday, December 13, 2019 1:27 AM