rule doesnot apply to all emails RRS feed

• Question

• Dear all,

I have the following rule on my exchange 2016. For some very strange reason the rule doesn't apply to all mails coming from outside the organization the '[EXTERNAL]: on the subject. I have also restart server but still the same. I have compared headers from an email that the rule is applied and an email that the rule is not applied and I don't see any difference on these 2 mails except that one comes from gmail and the other from reporter.com.cy

<<Apply this rule if...
    Outside the organization

and...
    recipient is member of group
    IT

Prepend the subject of the message with
    '[EXTERNAL]:'

Except if.....
    the sender is memeber of
    AD GROUP

or

the subject or body matches
    '[EXTERNAL]:'>>

• Edited by pantoskom Friday, February 21, 2020 7:51 AM
    Friday, February 21, 2020 7:26 AM

Answers

• Hi,

Sorry for late response,

For some reason the rule find word "external" to some emails comming from outside, even if those emails doesn have the word. So i remove the last step and it works ok now

Regards

Pantos

• Marked as answer by Andy DavidMVP Sunday, April 19, 2020 2:23 PM
    Sunday, April 19, 2020 2:14 PM

All replies

• Dear all,

I have the following rule on my exchange 2016. For some very strange reason the rule doesn't apply to all mails coming from outside the organization the '[EXTERNAL]: on the subject. I have also restart server but still the same. I have compared headers from an email that the rule is applied and an email that the rule is not applied and I don't see any difference on these 2 mails except that one comes from gmail and the other from reporter.com.cy

<<Apply this rule if...
    Outside the organization

and...
    recipient is member of group
    IT

Prepend the subject of the message with
    '[EXTERNAL]:'

Except if.....
    the sender is memeber of
    AD GROUP

or

the subject or body matches
    '[EXTERNAL]:'>>

What is in the header of the message for:

X-MS-Exchange-Organization-AuthAs: 
    X-MS-Exchange-Organization-AuthMechanism:

Friday, February 21, 2020 1:14 PM
  • Hi, I'm here to confirm with you if your issue has been resolved. If the problem is successfully solved, you can share your solution and mark them or the helpful reply as answer, this will make answer searching in the forum easier and be beneficial to other community members as well.

Regards,

Eric Yin

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

Friday, February 28, 2020 9:26 AM
  • Hi, I'm here to confirm with you if your issue has been resolved. If the problem is successfully solved, you can share your solution and mark them or the helpful reply as answer, this will make answer searching in the forum easier and be beneficial to other community members as well.

Regards,

Eric Yin

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

• Marked as answer by pantoskom Sunday, April 19, 2020 2:14 PM
    • Unmarked as answer by Andy DavidMVP Sunday, April 19, 2020 2:23 PM
    Friday, March 6, 2020 9:22 AM
  • Hi,

Sorry for late response,

For some reason the rule find word "external" to some emails comming from outside, even if those emails doesn have the word. So i remove the last step and it works ok now

Regards

Pantos

• Marked as answer by Andy DavidMVP Sunday, April 19, 2020 2:23 PM
    Sunday, April 19, 2020 2:14 PM