none
Protect SharePoint 2010 with DPM 2010 Problem RRS feed

• Question

• Follow all recomendations i create protection group for my SPS farm on DPM. Recovery point was created successfully. But i can't see my sps site in it. There are no any item recovery ability. But there is no errors in logs. Catalog for it created in few seconds.

I use DPM 2010 and SPS 2010. SPS use SQL base on dedicated SQL2008 Server. Everything works fine. If i backup with DPM an SQL base on SPS WFE it's really backup a base on dedicated SQL2008 server.

Any suggestions?

Thursday, November 18, 2010 10:12 AM

Answers

• Hi Rumato!

When you protect a SharePoint farm you must install an DPM agent on the front-end server and also install an DPM agent on the SQL server that hosts all the content databases etc used by the SharePoint solution.

To protect a SharePoint farm fully you only need to mark / choose the SharePoint farm when you create a protection group. Don't manually choose the databases used by the SharePoint sollution, this will be added automatically by the SharePoint protection.

If you don't see the SharePoint farm listed under the SharePoint server you must use the CMDLET ConfigureSharePoint -EnableSharePointProtection that enable the SharePoint VSS writer so that the DPM server will be able to protect your SharePoint as a SharePoint workload.

Have you done all this?

BR

Robert Hedblom

Check out my DPM blog @ http://robertanddpm.blogspot.com

Tuesday, December 7, 2010 9:53 AM