Paste And Keep Source Formatting RRS feed

• Question

• In Word 2007 and 2010 there is a new feature (from 2003) for Pasting and Keeping the Source format. There is a bug in both of these words where the format of text in a text box is pasted with the new format (extra CRLF) even though the Paste requested Keep Source formatting and the rest of the text is pasted correctly.

This is real problem with our product which stores templates as RTF documents and are often created in Windows 2003 systems and when the template is pasted (whit our AddIn does) everything is fine except the Text Boxes which have extra CRLF and usually fails to display the information as the text now extends past the end of box.

Will this ever be fixed. The Bug is now FIVE YEARS old?

Friday, March 23, 2012 3:07 PM

All replies

• Hello,

Have you reported this bug to Microsoft previously?

Monday, March 26, 2012 6:15 AM
  • Have you reported this bug to Microsoft previously?

When I first searched for this bug, I thought I had seen someone else mention it and that it had been submitted, but that was a while ago. So, no I have not submitted this bug previously. And maybe I confused the problem with the "Paste" macro being different to the paste key by defaulting to New Format. (We use the "Paste" macro in the AddIn, but we overcame this by determining which version of Word is running and changing how we paste).
    Monday, March 26, 2012 8:59 AM