Deploy definition updates automatically with SCCM 2007 RRS feed

• Question

• Hello:
     I've been reading some posts, and they're clearly explaining that is not possible to send definition updates automatically with SCCM or in the schedule needed for the antivirus.
     So, those post are old and I need an update of this statement.
     Could you tell me if it's possible to distribute automatically definition updates with SCCM 2007?
    Thanks in advance,
    Wednesday, November 25, 2009 12:48 PM

Answers

• There is not an automated way to approve and distribute definition updates with SCCM. My customers with FCS / WSUS / SCCM environments continue to use an auto-approval rule with WSUS to approve and distribute FCS definitions, and they use SCCM's Software Updates module to distribute updates for other products.

Josh
    Wednesday, November 25, 2009 2:38 PM
  • Nope :) he's right on we have a whitepaper somewhere on it that discusses the "integration" but that's basically the gist of it... auto approval rule within the SUP/WSUS for definitions and package up the actual updates to the client.
    CSS Security Support Engineer (FCS/MBSA/WUA/Incident Response) Check out my blog http://blogs.technet.com/kfalde
    Monday, November 30, 2009 4:20 PM

All replies

• There is not an automated way to approve and distribute definition updates with SCCM. My customers with FCS / WSUS / SCCM environments continue to use an auto-approval rule with WSUS to approve and distribute FCS definitions, and they use SCCM's Software Updates module to distribute updates for other products.

Josh
    Wednesday, November 25, 2009 2:38 PM
  • Hi:
     Josh76, thanks for your answer. That's exactly what I needed.
     Does any moderator have a different point of view?
     I'm going to mark that as an answer.
    Regards,

Wednesday, November 25, 2009 7:51 PM
  • Nope :) he's right on we have a whitepaper somewhere on it that discusses the "integration" but that's basically the gist of it... auto approval rule within the SUP/WSUS for definitions and package up the actual updates to the client.
    CSS Security Support Engineer (FCS/MBSA/WUA/Incident Response) Check out my blog http://blogs.technet.com/kfalde
    Monday, November 30, 2009 4:20 PM
  • Thanks Kurt. I really appreciate your help.
    Regards,
    Tuesday, December 1, 2009 1:59 PM