SQL MP 6.6.0.0 - Multiple ADODB errors RRS feed

• Question

• Since updating to the SQL MP 6.6.0.0, a couple of machines are getting several errors in their local Operations Manager log:

GetSQL2012DBFileGroupFreeSpace.vbs : Cannot initialize ADODB connection (ADODB.Open).
    Error Number: 3705 
    Description: Operation is not allowed when the object is open

It's actually these scripts, I've listed the 2012 but it's happening for the 2008 as well:

GetSQL2012DBFreeSpace.vbs
    GetSQL2012DBFilesFreeSpace.vbs
    GetSQL2012DBFileGroupFreeSpace.vbs

Curiously it's only on 2 boxes - and I can see performance data on both of them. I wasn't getting these errors prior to updating the MP, and some time ago I'd already done the laborious work to make sure the correct permissions across the DB/registry/WMI, service account distribution, etc were OK.

As for actual SCOM alerts, it's the standard warning "failed to create System.PropertyBagData, no errors detected in the output. The process exited with 0." on GetSQL2012DBFilesFreeSpace.vbs and GetSQL2008DBFilesFreeSpace.vbs. One of the boxes even has my SQL distribution account as a local admin (apart from normal SQL SA role) so I can't see it being a permissions thing..

Friday, July 31, 2015 2:44 PM

All replies

• I've exactly the same issue for one of our SQL servers. The system account has all permissions needed.

Were you able to resolve this issue ?

Tuesday, November 17, 2015 11:58 AM
  • Please open connect issue so it can be investigated and vote for it.

Also try to upgrade on 6.6.4.0 - it has a lof of fixes can help.

Wednesday, November 18, 2015 10:26 PM