none
domain name change RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I have UAG working perfectly with a number of trucks servicing various internal web sites & SharePoint apps etc. The sites are accessed via the external URL for example SP.MyCo.com, intranet.MyCo.com etc etc.

I now have to change the external URL for these sites as the comapny has merged. The new Url will be SP.NewCo.com etc.

I have a wildcard cert (*.MyCo.com) tied into these sites, and I also have 2 truncks (1 using ADFS for auth, the other using no auth).

Is it possible to change the URL at this stage of the game? If so, could anyone advise how best to go about it?

Thanks

Mark.

Thursday, December 13, 2012 11:49 AM

All replies

• Hi Mark,

Basically, all you need to do is:

1. Change the "Public Host Name" of the trunks.

Tunk PHN

2. Update your DNS (to point all the external names under the new domain to the trunk's IP address).

3. Update your SharePoint AAM settings to match the new external domain.

4. Update the certificate (wildcard cert for *.NewCo.com)

As soon you change the trunk's Public hostname domain, all other applications that published with external name, will have the new domain name. As you notice, you never choose the domain suffix when you defined application's public hostname, but only the hostname, as the domain suffix always taken from the trunk's public host name:

App PHN

Ophir.

Thursday, December 13, 2012 6:51 PM
  • thanks Ophir. How about the ADFS config? I guess I'll need to change the service communication, token-decrypting & token-signing cert as they are tied to certs with the old domain name? Will I ned to re-install ADFS or can I just import new certs?
    • Edited by Mark_Robson Friday, December 14, 2012 11:01 AM
    Friday, December 14, 2012 10:35 AM