xp pro refurbish cd with spk3 made in puerto rico 2008 RRS feed

• Question

• hello  does any body in wonderland know if a cd like this was made by microsoft  /   full imbeded hologram wth made in peurto rico  /  zigzag like hologram on front / sort of flowery /  nothing like xp pro with microsoft all over front hologram / hierogligh looking hologram on inside around cd hole with far east looking symbols / microsoft turns to genuine if you get the light right when tilting / what should the sise of a real xp pro x32 xp pro with spk3 cd be / made in 2008 / for refurbished pc's is there such a critter  thank you
    Monday, February 17, 2014 3:45 PM

Answers

All replies

• I would bet my paycheck that this is a counterfeit CD.  Compare what you have to this site to get an idea of what legitimate media looks like:

http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/howtotell/Software.aspx#Packaging

Please do not read this sentence. Please ignore the previous sentence.

Monday, February 17, 2014 3:57 PM
  • hi no this is a real holograph not a put on sticker / already been took by ebay for w 7 & so are others i know / the hologram is imbedded / it was made in 2008 / do crips, bloods, red hand, black fist,triads,yakuza,russians, drug lords or mexicon mob have the tech to make real hologram imbedded in disk / have also seen these from amazon uk / got this on US amazon, also seen on ebay /  i also have gotten what appear to be real from ebay / i had no idea how bad this piracy was / but was there ever such a xp pro made / will have to borrow dig. camera to post a shot of it will post it later      thanks for your reply
    Monday, February 17, 2014 10:51 PM
  • web site will not let me post pics
    Monday, February 17, 2014 11:39 PM
  • hello   out there  i would also like to point out that many corps & retail giants still use xp pro /  local walmart super store still runs xp pro /  dr.'s ,  lawyers  & others still use it / due to w7&8 pirated & security risk / radio stations advertise places to down grade back to xp / small owners can't afford or train to upgrade
    Monday, February 17, 2014 11:51 PM
  • A) Yes, the counterfeits are getting very good.  Not just holo stickers, but even some embedded holos.  Based on your verbal description it sounds almost certainly fake.

B) If you want to post an image, request to be verified here.  They will get back to you in a (relatively) short time. 

C) 99.9% of the OS CDs on Ebay are fake.  And unless you got it directly from Amazon, the same percentage applies.  And...Amazon does not sell XP CDs anymore.  No one does except for 3rd party people which are usually selling, once again, fakes.

D) You said "nothing like xp pro with microsoft all over front".  Are you saying that the disc is not branded as a Microsoft product?  If that is the case, then it is definitely a fake.

Tuesday, February 18, 2014 12:01 AM
  • hello   out there  i would also like to point out that many corps & retail giants still use xp pro /  local walmart super store still runs xp pro /  dr.'s ,  lawyers  & others still use it / due to w7&8 pirated & security risk / radio stations advertise places to down grade back to xp / small owners can't afford or train to upgrade
    And to this: Whomever is running XP now is very quickly running out of time.  On April 8 2014...less than 2 months from now, Microsoft will stop ALL support for XP.  No more security updates of any kind will be released.  The time to upgrade is NOW.

Tuesday, February 18, 2014 12:06 AM
  • Tuesday, February 18, 2014 3:01 AM