DVDs, Games, loading software from CDs Giving me BSOD RRS feed

• Question

• Tech challenged Vista Premium Home user here.  Posted my problem in another TechNet forum, that may not have been applicable as this forum (in case this looks familiar).

Purchased a Dell Dimension  E520 that came with a free Vista Home Premium upgrade.

The long terms effects of the upgrade (9 months) has been my undoing. I'm in the final throws of the endless diagnostics with Dell's Tech department and have them down to one last task (a system re-image) before getting a new replacement computer altogether.  Thought someone here might have insight to provide a fix before I do the re-image or send the computer back.

My symptom - cannot play DVD movies or load games (e.g. MS Flight Simulator X) and software.  Disc spins for a few seconds and system goes into BSOD then reboots

My system:
    Dell Dimension E520 (11 months old)
    Intel Core 2 CPU 6400 @ 2.13GHz 2.13GHz
    2GB RAM
    320GB Hard Drive
    Video Card Radeon X1300 Pro - latest driver downloaded Dec 27th, 07

DVD ROM drive
    DVD RW drive

Latest Problem signature 01-01-08

Problem signature

Problem Event Name: BlueScreen

OS Version: 6.0.6000.2.0.0.768.3

Locale ID: 1033

Extra information about the problem

BCCode: 1000008e

BCP1: C0000005

BCP2: 8064DE65

BCP3: 9585F820

BCP4: 00000000

OS Version: 6_0_6000

Service Pack: 0_0

Product: 768_1

Files that help describe the problem

Mini010108-02.dmp

sysdata.xml

Version.txt

Any Thoughts or suggestions would be welcome

Thursday, January 3, 2008 6:49 PM

Answers

•  

Hi

Thank you for the post.

The cause of the issue is most likely related to hardware or drivers.

This is a kernel mode crash issue. Generally it occurs when a driver tried to access an address that is pageable (or that is completely invalid) while the IRQL was too high.

To troubleshoot this kind of kernel mode crash issue, we need to debug the crashed system dump. Unfortunately, debugging is beyond what we can do in the forum. A suggestion would be to contact Microsoft Customer Service and Support (CSS) via telephone so that a dedicated Support Professional can assist with your request. Please be advised that contacting phone support will be a charged call.

To obtain the phone numbers for specific technology request please take a look at the web site listed below:

http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=fh;EN-US;OfferProPhone#faq607

I hope the problem will be resolved soon. Thank you for your time and cooperation!

Best regards,

Tim Quan

Microsoft Online Community Support

Monday, January 7, 2008 5:38 AM