Branch office 2008 R2 to SBS 2003 RRS feed

• Question

• I hope this is the right place to ask this question.   I have a remote server running 2008 R2 that supports a mission critical application.  That app is rolled out through RemoteApp.  In our office a SBS 2003 box runs everything else.  We have a BOVNP setup and behaving just fine.  We have drives mapped between the two servers with no problems.  I also see the remote 2008 R2 server listed in Server Comptuers under Server Management in the SBS 2003 server.  My question is how can I authenticate domain users to the 2008 server?  As of right now I have separate users configured for both machines.  Was hoping someone can point me in the right direction to get this working.  I had tried when we first set the R2 server up with minimal success. 

When the users hit the gateway for the RemoteApp they have to remember to use a different set of credentials from their normal domain stuff.  This is essentially what I am trying to overcome.  Any help would be appreciated.  Thank you. 

Tuesday, April 26, 2011 2:15 PM

All replies

• Hi jludtgaa,

Thanks for posting here.

You should first create a logic link between your office and remote site , after that join that Windows server 2008 R2 host into you SBS 2003 domain .

Some introductions of this scenario could be found form the article below:

Running Multiple Servers in a Windows Small Business Server Environment

http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/cc672103(WS.10).aspx

Thanks.

Tiger Li

Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.
    Wednesday, April 27, 2011 7:49 AM
  • Thank you for the response. 

I have both servers connected through a Branch Office VPN through identical gateways.  I also have the remote server joined to our SBS domain. 

I looked over the link you provided briefly but am still unsure as to why some of our users were not able to authenticate through Active Directory on the SBS server.  We only have about 10 users but our connection is a T1 and is rather antiquated.  I will have to read through thoroughly and see if I can't figure something out. 

Wednesday, April 27, 2011 7:00 PM