Emails to a DL list are being dropped for some recipients - exchange online O365 RRS feed

• Question

• Hi All

I've created a new DL list. One member is my internal address, the other is an external member.

The purpose of the DL is to receive notifications from our UPS from a generic address.

So 'UPS@abc.com' mails 'DL@abc.com'

DL@abc.com members = internal address + external address

Internal address receives the mail, but the external fails. When i check mail flow i see the following message

Event = DROP

Detail = Reason: [{LED=250 2.1.5 RESOLVER.GRP.Expanded; distribution list expanded};{MSG=};{FQDN=};{IP=};{LRT=}]

Is the reason because the UPS address isnt a real mailbox? Or because the DL list has the external address and it assumes its dodgy?

How can i force exchange to say the list and its members are legit and safe?

Thanks in advance

• Edited by tux182 Wednesday, November 6, 2019 10:05 PM
    Wednesday, November 6, 2019 10:04 PM

All replies

• That event isn't what you're looking for. Essentially, that just says that the message was dropped because the group was expanded and the message was re-sent to the members of that group. Look at the events that occur when sending to the external recipient(s).

Adam Brown

MCSE, CISSP

Blog: AC Brown's IT World

Thursday, November 7, 2019 12:18 AM
  • That event isn't what you're looking for. Essentially, that just says that the message was dropped because the group was expanded and the message was re-sent to the members of that group. Look at the events that occur when sending to the external recipient(s).

Adam Brown

MCSE, CISSP

When i send to the external receipiant outside of the DL list it works fine.

As far as your last sentance goes - please can you provide guidance on how to do that and from where?

Thursday, November 7, 2019 1:03 AM
  • Hi, I'm here to confirm with you if your issue has been resolved. If the problem is successfully solved, you can share your solution and mark them or the helpful reply as answer, this will make answer searching in the forum easier and be beneficial to other community members as well.

Regards,

Beverly Gao

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

Tuesday, November 12, 2019 10:14 AM

Adam Brown

MCSE, CISSP

When i send to the external receipiant outside of the DL list it works fine.

As far as your last sentance goes - please can you provide guidance on how to do that and from where?

Search by MessageID instead.
    Tuesday, November 12, 2019 11:42 AM
  • Hi,

I am writing here to confirm with you how the thing going now?

If you need further help, please provide more detailed information, so that we can give more appropriate suggestions.

Regards,

Beverly Gao

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

Monday, November 18, 2019 1:56 AM