Brightness Control Problems RRS feed

• Question

• My windows 8.1 is have problems with is brightness control settings. The brightness only changes when I resume usage after putting it to sleep/hibernate. Please can anyone help.
    • Moved by ZigZag3143x Sunday, June 28, 2015 10:39 PM Wrong Section for OS
    Tuesday, June 23, 2015 6:14 AM

Answers

• Hi,

This problem is normally related to display drivers, if Update driver didn’t help, try reverting the drivers back to the officially supported manufacturer’s version or previous version see if it work. I suggest you download the version from manufacturer website for one more try. In the other hand, if you are using a driver from manufacturer, try uninstall this driver and install with Microsoft version for good measure.

Regards,

D. Wu

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help, and unmark the answers if they provide no help. If you have feedback for TechNet Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Friday, June 26, 2015 8:17 AM

All replies

• Here You can check Brightness control settings.

https://www.wiknix.com/brightness-not-working-in-windows-8-1/

Tuesday, June 23, 2015 9:26 AM
  • Hi,

This problem is normally related to display drivers, if Update driver didn’t help, try reverting the drivers back to the officially supported manufacturer’s version or previous version see if it work. I suggest you download the version from manufacturer website for one more try. In the other hand, if you are using a driver from manufacturer, try uninstall this driver and install with Microsoft version for good measure.

Regards,

D. Wu

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help, and unmark the answers if they provide no help. If you have feedback for TechNet Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Friday, June 26, 2015 8:17 AM