How to force MS office 2010 using TLS when sending and receiving emails RRS feed

• Question

• Hey, We have an email server (Office365) provided by the third party (GoDaddy). We use MS Outlook 2010 in our desktops to use our emails. We have financial company client which require to use TLS for send and receive emails. I know office365 use TLS by default but they want us to force using TLS for their specific domains.

We do not have access to office365 exchange setting to make new connectors, because it is hosting by GoDaddy. I'm wondering if there is any other solution that we can use on some of our MS Outlook 2010 to force uses TLS when wants to connect some specific clients domains?

Thank you for your help!

Tuesday, February 5, 2019 4:38 PM

All replies

• Hi reza7777,

I am afraid it is not feasible to force using TLS for specific domains in Outlook desktop client.  Given this situation, you may need to contact the provider for your Exchange Online for further assistance on this.  

Regards,

Yuki Sun

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

Click here to learn more. Visit the dedicated forum to share, explore and talk to experts about Microsoft Teams.

Wednesday, February 6, 2019 6:21 AM